BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
It can be easy or complex, depending upon the year of your LT and which if any intercom system you have.

On my 2005 LT I have one of the early Dice units,
it never worked very well for me I've heard the newer units are better.

For simplicity I plugged a stereo mini jack into my Ipod and into the aux input on the front of my intercom,
this way I can use the bikes audio system (helmet or bike speakers or both)
and use the handlebar volume controls and the menu of the Ipod.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
For an easy IPOD integration consider the following:
1. Get an old Ipod mini or clasic ....cheap on Amazon and allows you to not worry about loss.
2. convert the disk to a 16 gig flash drive.....now you no longer have to deal with skips
3. get an Griffin IPOD RF remote....about $10 on Amazon. (do not get an IR remote)
4. Velcro the remote to a convenient location
5. Plug IPOD into the AUX for your Com system

What you will have is an inexpensive IPOD solution that is reliable and functional all for a lot less than a DICE and a new IPOD/ITOUCH. 16 Gigs give you lots of music.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Rickg said:
For an easy IPOD integration consider the following:
1. Get an old Ipod mini or clasic ....cheap on Amazon and allows you to not worry about loss.
2. convert the disk to a 16 gig flash drive.....now you no longer have to deal with skips
3. get an Griffin IPOD RF remote....about $10 on Amazon. (do not get an IR remote)
4. Velcro the remote to a convenient location
5. Plug IPOD into the AUX for your Com system

What you will have is an inexpensive IPOD solution that is reliable and functional all for a lot less than a DICE and a new IPOD/ITOUCH. 16 Gigs give you lots of music.
+1- I messed with a isimple and have a converter attached to the 6 disk harness. the harness converts to two rca's then to a 3.5MM jack. (to allow me to leave it in the trunk) then I have a RF remote to control the ipod that I purchased on ebay....
I have the isimple up for sale (check the classified section) it works with the newer systems) but not the older!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts