BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 30gb ipod and would like to hard wire it to my 2000 KLT. Has anyone used this adapter? will it work? I want something hardwired not fm. http://www.usaspec.com/ipodbmw.htm

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
I looked at the website, and the Crutchfield site as well. From the specs, it looks like what BMW is supplying at their dealerships. I can see a dock connector, two RCA input jacks (maybe not needed for an iPod), and a single plug for the radio interface. If that plug matches the CD changer input on the back of the Becker radio, then we should be all good.

I'd say pick one up, and we'll play with it this weekend. If it doesn't work, you can always return it to Crutchfield.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken,
I may try to find one locally, The weekend is getting awefully close to have something shipped. I'm still waiting for the ipod,fuel and oil filters,throttle cables, and a few other things that are currently stuck in the shipping vacuum.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems this adapter is only available from crutchfield. I hate to mail order something and have to return it. Somebody out there has to have tried this unit........

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
I understand that Crutchfield has a generous 30-day return policy. So the only issue is whether it would get here in time. If it did work well, at $80 cheaper than ice>Link, I think you'd make a lot of people happy. :)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I'll step up and be the guinea pig this time, Its ordered and we will all know in about a week. Stay tuned........

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does not work and the customer support at usa spec is one cranky sob. I'll be sending it back and will have to buy the icelink

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Brian,

Does it not do anything or just not show on the display? Also, what year is your bike? Sorry about all the problems with the install.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David,
When hooked up the ipod would charge, But the screen would read bmw okay to disconnect. The display on my 2000 LT read disc6 loading
If not corrected by tomorrow I am going to buy a icelink. Is the 120-bmw-T model the best for me if I am installing it in the right side bag instead of the cd changer?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I Pod On Cd Changer/player Output

I use a i pod, I connected to the wires from the cd changer. speaker wires to speaker wires, there only 3. I used a standard head phone jack. I made a cd which was blank, so when i want to use the i pod, I just select the blank cd in the changer, and it works. Find a happy medium with the volume, and I put a remote i pod control next to the cb. The standard remote i pod makes it all the way there under the plastic, clips on to the cb wiring and its been on for a year, water dont seem to affect it either.

The standard controls on the handle bar still work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts