BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my iphone connected to the BMW system, and it works great, until I start driving. Then everyone tells me they hear the engines, the zipper of the tank back, even the radio playing, but cannot hear me.

I have the tty adapter, tty set on, and everything works great through the helmets, I can hear the caller crystal clear, just they hear everything else but my voice when driving. It seems that the mic on my iphone is still on, and picking up and over riding the mic in my helmet.

Has anyone else had this issue? It is probably some setting, or something simple that I am missing...

Thanks for your assistance!
Kirk

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
My iPhone runs through a Baehr intercom, using their standard cell phone cable and a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter at the iPhone. The phone is mounted up on a dash shelf, behind the windshield.

I can hear it just fine, and callers say they can her me clearly, too. Unless the dock cable is plugged in, that is. When the phone is charging there is a slight whine in my headset, and a huge whine to my callers. Unplugging the dock cable clears the call right up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your information! Which version of the iphone do you have? The apple store tells me that my 'original iphone' (yes, it is over 2 1/2 years old now), did not come with headset 'support', so the microphone stays on with a headset plugged in, and therefore will pick up all that noise/vibration/etc.

Not sure if there is a way to turn the built in mic off, or if there is an app for that? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts