BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I'm sprinkling breadcrumbs for google and other people to find)

I bought this intercom/bluetooth/mp3 player kit for me and the wife.

MP3's are played with a cable going from the phone to the headset (at first I was disappointed as I wanted a fully wireless solution...but the wires also mean the batteries last longer), GPS, phonecalls and siri are carried over Bluetooth. Audio quality at anything other than 100% volume is crap...lots of static and noise.

This happens with both phones on both headsets.

I took a trip to the Apple store and confirmed this is JUST an iPhone 4s issue. 4's, shuffles, Blackberries, pretty much everything else worked perfectly.

Cardo tested my claims and confirmed it's an issue with the 2.0 version of the mounting plate. (Which contains the mp3 jack, speakers and mic) They shipped me out version 3.0 mounts and the problem went away completely. So they're aware of it now and will make it right.

If you're buying another plate for another helmet, you'll notice they're either $20-ish or $50-ish...the more expensive plate should be the newer version.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, each headset on the on the Teamset Pro will also only do one Bluetooth connection in addition to the intercom. The unit would interpret the audio from the phone/MP3 as just that, a phone call and cancel the intercom and take priority. For instance I know I can't have both my Zumo and my phone paired at the same time.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a Bluetooth connection for the intercom, a hands-free profile for the phone, but no A2DP profile for music...music is handled on this model using a coiled cable that just perfectly reaches my top case. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2012 R1200RT with audio. I'm looking for a bluetooth solution to connect to the BMW audio without spending $1,160 for a new BMW helmet with bluetooth.

Has anyone tried the Cardo Scala 9?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AZbeemer said:
I bought a 2012 R1200RT with audio. I'm looking for a bluetooth solution to connect to the BMW audio without spending $1,160 for a new BMW helmet with bluetooth.

Has anyone tried the Cardo Scala 9?
Your success relies greatly on placement of the speakers...I managed to get it pretty good, but swapped the base out for their 'half helmet kit' which takes the speakers and adds a headphone jack so that I can use a reasonably good set of in-ear headphones.

I like that the volume of my headphones is the same with the motorcycle off as it is at 80 mph...makes me think I'm not harming my hearing much.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rocketsled said:
(I'm sprinkling breadcrumbs for google and other people to find)
I took a trip to the Apple store and confirmed this is JUST an iPhone 4s issue. 4's, shuffles, Blackberries, pretty much everything else worked perfectly.

Cardo tested my claims and confirmed it's an issue with the 2.0 version of the mounting plate. (Which contains the mp3 jack, speakers and mic) They shipped me out version 3.0 mounts and the problem went away completely. So they're aware of it now and will make it right.
I have the same Cardo Teamset Pro with an iPhone 4. I used in on a short trip and was trying to listen to a podcast, but it was extremely low, even at 100% volume - I could barely hear it! Are you saying all I have to do is call Cardo and they'll ship me the version 3.0 mounts and this will fix it? Will it cost, or is it a free upgrade?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
L_Rudy said:
I have the same Cardo Teamset Pro with an iPhone 4. I used in on a short trip and was trying to listen to a podcast, but it was extremely low, even at 100% volume - I could barely hear it! Are you saying all I have to do is call Cardo and they'll ship me the version 3.0 mounts and this will fix it? Will it cost, or is it a free upgrade?
My issue happened only with the 4-s-, if the base of your helmet mount has three hashes, then you have the latest version...although prior versions appeared to work fine with the 4 I tested at the apple store.

Your problem is most likely speaker placement, it's more critical than you'd think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts