1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
476 Posts
Interesting. How does the screen perform in direct sunlight?

I was just in Goteborg last week and can't say I saw any sun there, but of course it is winter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
how is it in the RAIN.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

Looks great. I did a 1600 mile ride last summer in which I started with a Samsung Galaxy tablet for my gps mounted on my handle bar via a RAM mount. While it worked fine, I discovered that I preferred using the CoPilot app on my Iphone.

I think your mount is really cool and I'm sure it works well in that location. Saved yourself hundreds of dollars by using your Ipad and making that mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the sun shines the screen becomes a little brighter but fully readable.
Have driven many hour in sunny conditions without had trouble reading the screen.

To protect the Ipad, I use a protection from LifeProof iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy Cases | LifeProof
Have driven long distances in Germany with pouring rain and there has never been a problem.
Quite expensive, costing about $ 150 in Sweden but is worth it.

Forgot to tell the iPad 2 has no built-in GPS.
Using a GPS device from DUAL that sends signals with bluetooth to the iPad.
In the glove compartment I have put a USB socket that provides power to the GPS and Ipad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
The US version of the iPad 2 does have a built in GPS receiver. The catch is you either have to use a navigation product that has off-line maps or use your cell connection to use those products that only have off-line maps.

Garmin has off-line maps iPad version, but something like Waze only uses on-line maps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts