BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Kris and I have a 1999 K1200LT with 56K miles. I am the 3rd owner and I am on the tailend of a clutch swapout.

During the process of removing the transmission, the bleed hose on the clutch slave cylinder became disconnected and I'm not sure where it goes. Any help would be appreciated.

To be clear, the banjo bolt is still on the cylinder, but the other end just has a connector. I'm sure it goes somewhere. I've checked the clymer and they just talk about the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

No idea on the bleed hose as I've got an RT, but hang tight and I'm sure someone smarter than me will be along soon.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Kris and I have a 1999 K1200LT with 56K miles. I am the 3rd owner and I am on the tailend of a clutch swapout.

During the process of removing the transmission, the bleed hose on the clutch slave cylinder became disconnected and I'm not sure where it goes. Any help would be appreciated.

To be clear, the banjo bolt is still on the cylinder, but the other end just has a connector. I'm sure it goes somewhere. I've checked the clymer and they just talk about the banjo bolt.
It goes around the transmission between the frame and is zip tied to the tip over frame. The "connector" on the end is likely the factory grub screw used to fill the system. Most of us remove the grub screw and replace it with a bleed screw.

Attachments

Reactions: JNW003
1 - 4 of 4 Posts