BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying "howdy". We bought a 2k LT last week. Brought it home (less than 10 miles) and then had to go out of town for work so I haven't even had a chance to really ride it yet! :(

Hopefully that will change in the near future but I've got a lot of maintenance to catch up on as the PO didn't really do very much of it other than oil changes.

Anyway, we got it for long trips as my wife didn't like the back seat on our Shadow ACE Tourer after 2 hours. Hopefully her initial impressions of the LT rear seat comfort will hold up after 12 hours in the saddle.

Color: it's the darker grey, definitely not silver (storm grey?)
Trim level: we were told it's a Custom, but the VIN punched up a LT-S on the state's database. It has grip heaters, heated front seat, CD/cassette but no luggage rack. And even though I've gone thru the old posts, I'm not sure what "extra" chrome trim the LT-C has. :confused:

Add-ons: So far I've found an Autocom buried in the innards, the HID headlight conversion kit and J-pegs.

That's a long intro, so I'll end. Happy trails and maybe we'll see you on the road. :sun:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
See now...you've done gone and fixed yourself up fine, that's for sure. She'll LOVE the back seat on the LT...no doubt about it. So much, that you'll never be able to find another bike that'll keep her happy. Welcome and know that we're here to help. Sounds like the previous owner had enough sense to make some good upgrades. Hopefully there are other upgrades waiting to be found..... Happy trails!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome...I'm rather new myself but this sight is awesome! Learning more and more and it really helps a person's sanity when you cant get out and actually do what you love...and yes, their calling for more freezing rain and snow here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Welcome to LT Land.

You are gonna love the LT and this Forum.

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Dave welcome to the site. Enjoy your new bike, your weather is sure better then ours for riding.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike. I have a 2000 and love it.

If the bike is a 2000 you have either an Icon or a Custom. If the tipover wings and saddlebag trim is "chrome" you have a Custom. Sounds like you have an Icon like mine. Icons came with the CD player but no chrome and no heated seats.

There was a color called "Basalt" if I recall correctly. That might be what you have.

Have fun. Plenty of info here.

dukey33 said:
Just saying "howdy". We bought a 2k LT last week. Brought it home (less than 10 miles) and then had to go out of town for work so I haven't even had a chance to really ride it yet! :(

Hopefully that will change in the near future but I've got a lot of maintenance to catch up on as the PO didn't really do very much of it other than oil changes.

Anyway, we got it for long trips as my wife didn't like the back seat on our Shadow ACE Tourer after 2 hours. Hopefully her initial impressions of the LT rear seat comfort will hold up after 12 hours in the saddle.

Trim level: we were told it's a Custom, but the VIN punched up a LT-S on the state's database. It has grip heaters, heated front seat, CD/cassette but no luggage rack. And even though I've gone thru the old posts, I'm not sure what "extra" chrome trim the LT-C has. :confused:

Add-ons: So far I've found an Autocom buried in the innards, the HID headlight conversion kit and J-pegs.

That's a long intro, so I'll end. Happy trails and maybe we'll see you on the road. :sun:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Welcome, I have a 99 with 51K and love it. Just did lunch in New Oleans last weekend. I did Alaska in June for 12060 miles, trouble free. I did get new cables and mirrors after those Alaska gravel roads. Your wife love the LT and the seat. Enjoy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
dukey33 said:

Dave welcome! From an ex-seabrookite it’s been years since we left the area (we were actually in El Lago) had a scooter shop on Kirby Dr.

But to the important info. YOUR WIFE will love the LT. In January of ’02 a friend keep insisting I barrow his LT. Mind your I had a R850R with a Hanningan Fairing, Day long seats, etc. But to keep him quite I picked up his bike one Sunday afternoon and Monday evening we rode over to Munster, TX for a bit to eat. About a 100 mile round trip. Well about half way home my wife leaned forward and said “I think we need one of these.” Well what’s a guy to do! Friday morning that week I pickup a ’99 at Plano BMW with 12K on her. Put around 30K on her that year and my lovely wife when from about 350/400 miles a day to over 750 one day that summer. So now when someone asked about the bike I tell them ‘OH this is my wife’s and just get to chauffer it for her.” 0ver a 100K later we are still enjoying this wonderful machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts