BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am the new owner of a 2007 k1200LT with 39k miles. I can't tell you how glad I am that I waited for the right bike to become available. I was getting antsy and couldn't find a K1200LT in the price range and condition I was looking for and then she magically appears. After we agreed on a price (8K) I took her for a test ride and it was a done deal. So now on to the greatness of the forums.

I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and put the knowledge shared here to use this morning. I went out yesterday to see if the bike needing some attention since its been sitting for 3 days (cold & raining in VA). I decided I would put her on the center stand since I will be gone next week and of course the EHCS would not deploy. After a little more reading I pulled the EHCS off and cleaned the starter motor as described, reinstalled it and BAM! It works. Thanks to all that posted their experiences with the EHCS and I hope to continue learning from the wisdom shared here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You made a great Choice in the BMW K1200LT ...I have no regrets after 6 years of riding one and as others will prove I am still relatively a newbie on one.:D

You also found the best tool here on the Forums ..I can not tell you how many times I do research here ..or get ideas... or just dream of others travels or here there woos...
and it sounds to me like you know your way around a wrench ...so the money you will save on wrenching your LT will let you do a lot more riding.

So Congratulations on your purchase and happy trails :bmw:

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have a very nice ride. Had the same problem with my 08. Welcome. Everyone is very helpful with any issues. Hey Dennis....change that Pic to a BMW....LOL Regards, Donn

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. And yes, this forum is huge in value. I would have run scared from a BMW after what the "other" dealers told me, but after spending some good lurking time here I found out that they are great bikes and that all the info I needed to make an informed choice and repairs down the road are here. Great people, great info, good place to hang out when we are not riding.

Reactions: opsldo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts