BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all;

Received our new interphone F4s. I have a 550 and that part works great. I hooked up a dongle from chatterbox and can hear the xm now.
The question I have is this. I paired the 2 together for my SO and me but have not tried the intercom yet. But for her to hear the GPS/MP3 does hers also have to be paired to the gps as a seperate thing and then we BOTH can hear the GPS output, MP3, XM.
Hopefully you understand what Im asking.
Thanks.

Zeke

·
Registered
120 Posts
Zeke said:
Hey all;

Received our new interphone F4s. I have a 550 and that part works great. I hooked up a dongle from chatterbox and can hear the xm now.
The question I have is this. I paired the 2 together for my SO and me but have not tried the intercom yet. But for her to hear the GPS/MP3 does hers also have to be paired to the gps as a seperate thing and then we BOTH can hear the GPS output, MP3, XM.
Hopefully you understand what Im asking.
Thanks.

Zeke
I have the same units for me and my passenger. It's all explained in the instructions that came with the units. I'm not trying be be a wise-ass but it's easier to read it over and over till you get it rather than try to explain it here.

The one thing I can tell you is that a wireless connection like we have with the F4 is NOT like a built in Harley system that allows everyone to do everything at the same time. You need to read how the priorities work for each function and each individual unit.

Btw, we love ours.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No disrespect here.
I realize that the priorities you set and that you can only do 1 thing at a time and thats ok.
It may be more related to the Zumo that the F4s. I will read it again and see if I get it the Nth time around. Any help is good help.
Thanks.

Zeke

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
I don't have a Bluetooth setup at this time, so I need to make sure I understand the question.

For example, are you asking if both BT helmets can receive the same input at the same time? It's my understanding that this can't be done. (a BT output device can't stream to 2 receiving devices - helmets) To me, this means the rider and passenger can't listen to the same MP3 music source, and that is a show-stopper for me.

I'll be happy to be corrected on this point!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what Im asking!! I have tried different ways, but it seems my wife AND I cant listen to the xm at the same time, which, if true, really SUCKS.
Any Ideas/solutions from anyone.

Zeke

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
A small update: I talked with a sales guy at a local m/c superstore yesterday. He confirmed for me (FWIW) that, in general, a Bluetooth audio device cannot "broadcast" to multiple headsets. One audio device, one headset. Need a second audio output device for a second headset.

He may be completely wrong but I've read this in a couple of reviews, also. But again, I think a hybrid system may get over this issue. Not sure yet!

·
Registered
492 Posts
The autocom logic independance will do what you want it is a bluetooth unit that connects via a cable to a unit that is in your pocket.You are not connected to the bike via a cable and has several set up options.You can chose how you set this up I have this unit and an f4 and to be honest not sure which unit i prefer. I like the f4 because you just put your helmet on and away you go I dont think my pillion would really want to hear the sat nav but this is possible with the autocom unit.
The autocom transmits to the 1st unit and that unit sends to the second unit or will work the other way round as i say the only drawback is that you still have a cable from your helmet to a unit in your pocket or on your belt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts