BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a mail order source to purchase tune-up parts and oils to replace all on my LT. Prices vary - would appreciate suggestion for best deals, e.g. air filter, spark plugs, engine oil/filter, shaft oil, etc. Thanks very much.

Paul

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
PaulDickson_VA said:
I am looking for a mail order source to purchase tune-up parts and oils to replace all on my LT. Prices vary - would appreciate suggestion for best deals, e.g. air filter, spark plugs, engine oil/filter, shaft oil, etc. Thanks very much.

Paul
I have had good experience with beemerboneyard.com

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
oil and filters you can get from your local advance or auto zone if you want to go that route, mobil 1 synthetic is readily available, or use beemerboneyard, quick shipping and decent pricing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd second beemer boneyard for their 12k/24k kits which include oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, etc. For fluids, Wal Mart has 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic for $22-28 (depending on weight used), and 1 quart of 75w90 gear oil is enough for tranny and final drive, priced at $10-13 per quart.

The boneyard has a kit with all fluids, but it's cheaper to get the fluids locally and just order the parts.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Beemerbonyard is great to deal with for used parts.

Chicago BMW will give you a 20% discount on all parts ordered online but can be slow to deliver them to you.

For quick service, Bob's BMW but it will cost you a little more.

·
Registered
301 Posts
For fluids go to a local auto parts store. No reason to ship fluids which are bulky and expensive to ship. You can also find aftermarket oil filters at local auto stores but if you want to go OEM I would recommend beemerboneyard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I recommend Beemerboneyard. The product was shipped in a flash and they support our site. Prices are very competetive.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Me too, me too!
+1 on beemerboneyard.com.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much to everyone - that was very helpful. I am not in the area and just wanted to have everything waiting when I got home. Thanks again.

All the best.

Paul

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm coming up on my 36k & saw Beemer Bonyard's kits. Looked like it would do the trick with the exception of the valve cover gasket.

Does anyone offer a "kit" of OEM parts?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Silverhair said:
I'm coming up on my 36k & saw Beemer Bonyard's kits. Looked like it would do the trick with the exception of the valve cover gasket.

Does anyone offer a "kit" of OEM parts?
The BB kits have everything you will need, save buckets and fluids. Did you mean official BMW parts, or something else?

Oh, and your gasket should be reusuable, but can be ordered from any BMW dealer.

Cheers,

·
Registered
191 Posts
I guess I get anal & like to use genuine OEM parts.

I guess if I "had" to have OEM, I could order this stuff a-la carte from my dealer.

I'm sure the beemer boneyard kit is fine as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've also use Max BMW for various parts and had good luck with them. They have a nice parts fiche to use in ordering.

Joe

·
Registered
407 Posts
I ordered and used the 12K kit from beemerboneyard.com and couldn't be more pleased. The price was right, the kit had everything I needed, shipped fast and the parts were of the highest quality. Normally shipping oil doesn't make much sense due to the shipping charges. But I compared the price of similar oils at the local Cycle Rider store and found that the BBY oil was still cheaper even with the shipping charges. The gear oil from BBY also had a nifty retractable oil hose built into the bottle. The only thing I got from the BMW dealer was the coolant (22.00 & Tax).

As a side note the air filter, plugs and coolant looked like they were brand new. The bike is a 2005 with 12K on it. I put 7K of those on her in the last 11 months.

Also if this is your first time I highly recommend Paul Sayegh's service videos. They are a bit outdated as the bike in the video is a 2000, does not have intregal ABS and some of the parts are slightly different, but it sure makes life less scary when you start stripping her down.
http://www.sayegh.org/bmw/service-video.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts