BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cycle World International Motorcycle Show is only a couple months off (December 2-4). I enjoy a show where you can touch and actually sit on bikes as well as visit with NW dealers. (The exception is Honda, they are much too important to talk to you unless you wait your turn at the counter. You will also find that some of their bikes are just too special and must be displayed so that people like you and me can't get too near them.) Oops, where did those old Honda wounds come from. Sorry...

Anyway, anyone interested in a cold weather ride up to Qwest Field for the show on Saturday, December 3rd? I'm sure it won't be raining. It hardly ever rains in December. Who's in?

http://sea.motorcycleshows.com/imssea/v42/index.cvn

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I'm game!

As long as it ain't freezing that is. Ice and me on 2 wheels is not something I wish to be doing! Lets revisit this when it gets closer anyway Dan.

John

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Dan,
If this year is like every other year, I will most likely be there every day of the show. I just have so many things to see and do that I cannot get it all done in one day. ~;-)
Count me in. Heck if it's ugly out, we just take 4 wheels. (I have no shame!)
Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Mee too. That is if I can set my alarm and actually get up this time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in. Any day for a ride as long as it isn't ice.

Besides, I'm only 20-25 minutes down the road anyway (too bad).

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dan,
I should be able to go. I went last year and it was great. Chance of snow that time of the year is pretty slim. Unless your coming over one of the passes. As the day gets closer we may want to think about breakfast on the way. Can you make it to the tech session on the 30th?

·
Registered
474 Posts
:D This looks like a good event. There isn't a lot of information on the web site that you provided but there is some. It looks like there will be discounts tickets from some of the local dealers. It would be cool to get a head count and get some discount tickets. Could save enough for part of a hotdog or something?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Usually the discount tickets are a dollar off. I live about 4 miles from the bmw dealership, Maybe I can swing by before the show.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need a Day Off

Brain,

I have been remodeling our kitchen and I'm getting worn out. I have to go back to work on Mondays just to rest up. I think I will ask my doctor for a note. I'm sure it must be a physical and mental health requirement that I have a day off for the tech session.

I'll definitely give it a try.

Dan

·
Registered
474 Posts
I won't be making this trip. Marcia and I and family will be moving mom inlaw to new house that weekend. It would be a fun trip though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't Forget

Lets revisit this when it gets closer anyway Dan.
John,

As we discussed at dinner, the bike show is just a couple weeks off. What day is everyone going up to Seattle?

Dan

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
On when to go, I guess it might depend on whether one is doing the Toys for Tots run or not. I believe Steve mentioned something about the run being the same weekend? I'm open at this point, unless something work related pops up (or comes down in my case with the aircraft!) I can probably adjust to whatever works for everyone else.

Maybe Art can chime in here and give his 2 cents.

John

·
Registered
185 Posts
toys for tots is sat

it will be over around 1-2PM.
so if you want to go sat, I would go up and meet you there after the run in oly, otherwise Sun is good for me
larry

·
Registered
474 Posts
Unfortunately I will not be joining you guys for this one. I have family commitments moving Mother-in-law.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I'm game, Just waiting to see what happens with the toy run. May do both if possible.......

·
Registered
539 Posts
Group,

Since we usually work both events - Here are some thoughts. The ride part of the Toy Run officially starts at 1pm and rides to the capital buildings. So - you are looking at a 2:30 or 3 by the time you are down there and have delivered your toys. The bike show is open late on Saturday. Last year we did the Toy Run then I went on up to Seattle to the bike show till late.
We also work the bike show on Sunday mornings so we will be there as well.
Both events are usually a lot of fun.

Also - There is another motorcycle show in the area in January - The Vancouver Internetional Motorcycle show is in Abottsford BC on Jan 26-29. Last year there were at least 5 new bikes there that were not shown in Seattle plus a few european bikes that are not sold in the US.

Steve
Olympia

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
December 3rd

We'll be traveling to Seattle early for a 09:30 appointment with Ride West BMW. It's time to clear the records on the two recalls on our '02. Depending on their schedule I'm thinking we'll take public transportation to the show for a few hours. Perhaps we'll see you there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts