BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that after I do extensive stop and go riding here in Manhattan, my center stand will not go down. There is a flashing light on the dashboard display in the form of an hour glass. If I wait an hour, it always works. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

:wave
Gary

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the same intermittent problem with my 2007 LT. From conversations with the maintenance techs there is a thermal switch in the system somewhere and when the system gets too hot it won't work. As soon as it cools it will work fine.I only have the problem when stop and go driving in traffic on a hot day. Without any cooling from moving the system picks up more heat from the engine, exhaust and pavement than it can radiate away. It rarely gets very hot in Germany.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,426 Posts
The EHCS controller keeps track of attemps to deploy and that is thermal based on the circuit board. The hour glass means - wait. A lightening bolt means low battery condition. Your issue could be a combination of both as stop and go does not contribute to good battery charging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts