BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should know this but I don't Also I don't know which I have on my 2003 K1200 LT
What is the difference between a Evo-Intergral abs and
intergral abs.
Thanks
Brad

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,926 Posts
There was only two variants of ABS on the LT. ABS II, non linked and non-power. Then they came out with the Integral ABS which is linked and power assisted.

Not sure what Evo ABS is unless it is the newer non-powered, linked system on the GT, RT and GS. The LT was not produced with this system.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I believe EVO is BMW for servo assisted brakes.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,926 Posts
OK I found more info. The system on my 09 GS is EVO, Partial integral, non-powered. That means if I apply front input only I get both front and rear brakes. If I apply rear input only all I get is rear brake. No servos.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Yours is the same year as mine. You have wonderful power assisted breaks that are partially linked. By that I mean either control will engage both breaks but they do not apply even pressure front and back. If you apply back break most of it will go to the back then to the front. If you apply very light pressure to the rear break you can hear the power assist engage the rear, then with slightly more pressure you can hear the front engage. If you apply the front break most goes to the front. This means you stay off the front breaks in the parking lot. :D The power assist means you can stop really fast too. You have to lean not to grab or stomp. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts