BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 99 Lt with a Dice made interface box for the ipod. I have removed the cd player and this is where the dice box and ipod reside. I listen to the music via the factory speakers. I am wanting to some how add a GPS. The main goal is to interface the GPS unit, the ipod and dice interface into speakers that will fit into my helmet. I am tired of the factory speakers. Is there a way that I can maintain use of the dice equipment and control of the ipod via the handlebar buttons and add a gps unit directions being transmitted into the helmet speakers. I would like some how to have the gps unit to stop the ipod music when it gives directions and then resume the music afterwards. Is this even possible or not? Please give me the scenarios and the equipment necessary to do this or something close to it.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
you will need to fit an intercom system autocom, baer etc, that gives you the headset and the ability to hook the sound through the helmet, I dont think the ipod will ramp down to hear gps though. the instructions will tell you how to wire it up to the bike and the rest is history :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I do have the factory intercom system. I do not use it now. I have a set of speakers that did work with the factory intercom. I was just wondering if there is another interface box that would interface all of them together and route them into the speakers in the helmet. I know that I am making it sound more simple. I just not sure what to do of if it is even possilbe to have them all working together.

John

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
John I have only ever had an autocom it does everthing I want and you would like, mine did not have factory intercom, someone else will chime in and help you also check out the sub groups good info there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Without using an intercom system of some type, your only other choice is bluetooth. A Zumo GPS has the ability to play MP3 so if you go that route you could replace your iPod. I'm not sure if the Zumo has an aux-in port so don't know if you could plug your iPod directly into it.

For myself, I either use the intercom on the LT or a Camos 600 on my RT. Both tie in to my Pocket PC phone via bluetooth. I can listen to music, gps, or take a phone call at will. It's just one uses wires and one doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts