BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I were waiting at a counter in Macy's doing some Christmas shopping, we were next to be helped after these two women both had Harley shirts on. As we got up to the counter the sales lady look up at my hat and turns to them and says " See look there I told why not a BMW, he has a BMW they are great bikes". Then turns to me ans says, " I try to tell them but they say only Harley's" with a German Accent. I could not strike up a conversation with her but I thought that was pretty cool and the timing was perfect. I am so glad I looked so hard to find that BMW motorcycle hat.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hah
Reminds me of an encounter in May. We were in Utah, in the mountains. 4 big Harley's pull up, and rather unusual, the riders start looking at and talking about our bikes. I heard their talk and said "oh, you are German?"
No Belgian, he says. I say, "oh you rented the Harleys?" Yeah, says he.
"They rent BMW's, you know."
"Yah, but vee come here und vee hef to rent da Harleys." He says.
"Yah," says I. "We live here, so we don't have to do that."
Oh, they got a big kick out of that. He says in Belgium, they all 4 have BMWs. We left with them laughing, pointing at our bikes, with thumbs up.
dc

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
I was at a gas station in San Francisco in September. There was a guy on a Harley so I commented on how nice a day it was for a ride. He agreed in a thick German accent. He went on to say, " You Amercians ride the BMW and the German comes to America to ride a Harley". He was on day one of a two week riding visit.

·
Registered
577 Posts
several years ago when I had the first R1200CLC I stopped at a little diner and two HD Road Kings pulled in next to me. they came over to admire my ride and one said "that has to be the most beautiful Bike I have ever seen" I had to agree up to then and still can not figure out why BMW did not market this model more and why they DC'd it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Me too. At a gas station in northern Colorado two summers ago about a dozen Harley riders in the most cliche Harley clothing rode up and took over all the pumps, surrounding my RT. They were all German, all friendly and we all started laughing about the irony of the scene.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts