BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of intercom system with noise cancellation, something similar like the Bose noise cancelling headphones?

Just wondering.
BJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't. Although it sounds like a good idea. We use some custom earplugs with air tubes that work better than the Bose headphones I've listened to. They plug into our Sena Bluetooth intercom, or any mp3 player. They do a better job of eliminating wind noise, etc than anything else I have found. We got these from our local :bmw: dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I, too, have custom moulded earpieces that I use with Shure in-ear monitors. Keeps a lot of the wind noise out.

My Autocom intercom system has a noise canceling feature in that it has an auxiliary mic mounted in the helmet to pick up outside wind/road noise. It is supposed to feed that signal back to the hub, which then electronically "cancels" it out from anything picked up by the rider's mic.

When on the telephone, most people cannot tell that I am on the bike zipping down the interstate at 80mph (before you start flaming, be advised that the speed limits in parts of West Texas are 80 in the interstates).

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
deputy5211 said:
(before you start flaming, be advised that the speed limits in parts of West Texas are 80 in the interstates).
And you'd better not go 83.... Don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Starcom1 Advance and Digital models have active noise cancellation of some kind. I've had people say they're surprised when they learn i'm talking to them from my motorcycle, and that's on my VTX which makes quite a bit more noise than my LT. I have a pair of Panasonic noise canceling ear buds for when I travel, must admit I haven't tried them on the bike, will have to give it a shot next time I'm out.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Voice II on my 07 LT has n/c standard. Works very well. All Autocoms have noise-cancel circuit in the mic; works amazingly well.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Deputy5211 said:
(before you start flaming, be advised that the speed limits in parts of West Texas are 80 in the interstates).
hallzee said:
And you'd better not go 83.... Don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:
Three over??? Must have been a P.O.P. ticket. Did you not play nice with the nice THP Trooper, Brian? Hmmmm???? :rolleyes:

My rule was generally... Nine and you're fine, ten and you are mine... Press hard, four copies. :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
J&M headset has excellent noise canceling qualities...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts