BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an internal adjustment or thresh hold adjustment for the VOX. I have the VOX control knob turned for max sensitivity and have to whistle to activate the system (Wife can't whistle) :( (or maybe that is a good thing) :confused: I would like to make the VOX more sensitive. If I take the wind sock off the mike it is some better, but still not there. Or is there a Mic gain control somewhere?

TIA

·
Registered
607 Posts
By any chance do you have the Push to Talk (PTT) button under your left hand grip and on the passenger's right side by their volume?

If so, you can initiate the intercom by tapping the PTT. Don't hold it though.

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
Are you using a J&M headset?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have the PTT switch for the CB and can use that, but the wife doesn't have one. There are ways around the problem, but I would like to make it work properly. Just wondering if there are internal adjustments. I read somewhere in the book that "YOUR DEALER" can make an adjustment. If the dealer can, we should be able to do so.

No I am not using J&M. I am using IMC.

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
The resolution to your problem is VERY simple!
The IMC headset is your problem, it will not work properly. You must use a powered mic type headset with the comm system so you will either need a J&M or BMW headset (which is made by J&M). If you don't believe me, find someone in your area with a J&M set up and borrow it to see the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts