BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need a rider/passenger intercom. I don't have GPS, don't use a cell phone while riding, and don't listen to music while riding.

I have read about the Scala Q2, Scala G4, Interphone F4, but I'm not sure which works best. Can I please get opinions on which will best suit my simple needs from owners of these units?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I got the Scala Q2 last year. I like it, I was like you, just wanted to be able to talk to my wife. It was great for that. We both have full face helmets so it was quiet, don't know what the wind noise would be like on open face. I don't know much about the new 4 model, but I think the biggest difference is you can communicate between 4 bikes where the Q2 is only good for 3 I think. I could be corrected on that. But for what I wanted it was the best value and quality seems there. I got it on ebay quite reasonable, can't recall actual price, but less than I could get it elsewhere and shipping was cheap.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
A word of advice I've seen on other forums and on the Scala FAQ is to NOT test the headsets in the quiet of your living room. They won't work as they're designed for some wind and background noise. Test them on the road.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Gary, are you going to the STC next week? I have the G4 and can let you test it out in person.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've used the Interphone going on my 3rd year. I love them. My wife and I wouldn't ride without them. Gives us at least 5 hours and quite often 7 hours of talk time. When I ride solo, it synchs to the Zumo 550 and IPhone with ease(just turn on the GPS first) and you're hooked up. It's mono, so don't look for this to be your stereo music in your helmet.

I have the double charger for Phone and Headset for long rides, since the bluetooth eats battery life.

Price is right too

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts