BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer says I need a new cable for the passenger com hookup. $160. Any suggestions for a better price?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
pendie said:
The dealer says I need a new cable for the passenger com hookup. $160. Any suggestions for a better price?
what cable, the curly one from helmet to plug?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Look at J&M Electronics.

THey are about a quarter of the dealer cost.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just bought the kit for the LT from Whitehorse. $65.00 includes helmet speakers, mic., and upper and lower cables.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you mean the lower cord from a J&M set, I have an extra one I can part with and may have a second, pending purchase of Schuberth helmets and SRC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. I should have specified it's the cord under the seat, with the socket attached.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If you have friends with electrical abilities, this can be built with radio shack parts. It would require wire, a 6 pin din jack, and a 6 pin din plug.

This cable connects under the stingray on the left side. You could just find a place to allow it to exit under the seat for them to connect instead of having it go through the vertical panel along side their left hip.

Ron

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the idea. Time was running out, we're heading to Fla this Friday, so I took the hit and ordered one from the dealer. It should be here Thursday, just in time to hook it up and pack up for the trip. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts