BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 with the integrated comm system, plus the CD in the rear saddle bag, the BMW CB, satellite radio and GPS Nav. II.

I have four helmets, 2 with the buildin mike/ear pieces, and 2 with the boom mikes. All J&M.

The intercom has never worked consistantly. Of course when I bring the bike to the dealer the system works with their test kits.

Sometimes when I put the bike in reverse the intercom kicks in. Sometimes when I hit a bump the intercom will work for a short period of time.

The CB works with the push to talk button but when I transmit I am told by others that the system generates a lot of noise.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
588 Posts
DougLaird said:
I have an '05 with the integrated comm system, plus the CD in the rear saddle bag, the BMW CB, satellite radio and GPS Nav. II.

I have four helmets, 2 with the buildin mike/ear pieces, and 2 with the boom mikes. All J&M.

The intercom has never worked consistantly. Of course when I bring the bike to the dealer the system works with their test kits.

Sometimes when I put the bike in reverse the intercom kicks in. Sometimes when I hit a bump the intercom will work for a short period of time.

The CB works with the push to talk button but when I transmit I am told by others that the system generates a lot of noise.

Any ideas?
My dealer told me they are making changes to the lower cords to deal with the CB issue. Said they would be available in late November.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intercom

The new lower cords fixed the problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you have a part number for the new lower cords? I bought mine early in November from dealer stock and suspect they were the previous version so I expect I'll be needing the later ones also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts