BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive a 2005 lt that was without intercom unit. looking for best place ,cost, and workmanship and where to buy and who to take it too im in tennessee and getting there is not a big issue thank much in advance randy

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm using a Starcom Advance and have had very good luck with it so far. I have it set up with a Icom gmrs radio, GPS and sat radio (wife also has it on her bike, but no GPS). Have found that cables are les costly than others and have not had any problems with them or Starcom unit. They are available from many sources on line.
Larry

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ordinarily I would recommend Autocom but TopGear is no longer distributing the product in the US and I don't know when or whether they will appoint a new US distributor. When Schuberth terminated its US distributor it kept putting off customers and dealers and never (to my knowledge) appointed a new one.

I will say that Autocom has been responsive to inquiries from US customers and it may be possible to get parts and service from across the pond.

[After I posted this reply I wandered over to the BMW Sport Touring forum. A couple of the Autocom principals frequent that board. There is a post saying that Autocom has sold some product to dealers in the US and that they expect to sign up two new US distribution "hubs" after a meeting in early June. If they nail that down I would not have any problem buying from Autocom again.]

Raffy posted that Baehr has terminated its US distributor. I'd have the same reservations there.

My latest Aerostich catalog had a couple of intercom choices. Might be worth a look. I don't have any firsthand experience with the brands they are selling.

Many of these products can be user installed without a great deal of hassle. Search the list and you'll probably find some friends who can help or give pointers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts