BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Would like to temporary install StarCom1 intercom on a -07 K12LT the easiest way.

Got wires from StarCom to connect to speakers. It's for 2 wires for each speaker ( no common wire between speakers ). Have in installed on my K11LT.

There are many reasons why will take the K12 and not the K11 ranging from comfort to a bit of wrenching needed on the K11. We need a bike for a 5 days tour from the baltic sea's northest peak over to the atlantic coast and along it for 3 days and back.

Can I attach the wires to the rear speakers w/o disassembling the whole rear of the bike?

BTW. got a set of wiring dieagrams for K12LT from www.flyingbrick.de

/Sven-Erik

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,924 Posts
You can tap in right under the pillion seat to the rear speaker connector. I have a good diagram I will post in about 4 hours when I get home.

This is for adding the rear spearker audio to an Autocomm Isolator that had a switch to take the speakers off line. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward where the left and right speaker lines are in the round pug under the rear seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
You could buy an install kit for an aftermarket stereo. I bought one that came with male and female molex connectors, about ten conductors. Tap one end into your bike, and the other to your starcom. Wire an additional connector to your other bike (use male on both bikes, or female on both). Then you can plug and go on either bike.

Might that work for you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzeiler said:
You can tap in right under the pillion seat to the rear speaker connector. I have a good diagram I will post in about 4 hours when I get home.

This is for adding the rear spearker audio to an Autocomm Isolator that had a switch to take the speakers off line. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward where the left and right speaker lines are in the round pug under the rear seat.
Hi
The attached schema are just what i was looking for.
Wire schema for the connector acessible without touching the topbox.
Will have a look at bike and connect the wires.
Let you know the progress.

/Sven-Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts