BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know how to quite title this - what I am looking for is advice on this quandry: I have a new to me 2006 LT - trying to decide what to do with my Zumo and the BMW communications system. To ride the bike home from Florida where I bought it I put the Zumo on the BMW mount and used a headset hooked directly into the Zumo - it was not very good, I could hear the gps fine but the blue tooth to my phone was terrible could barely hear it at very slow speeds - the microphone worked well, I could call my traveling companions and tell them I needed to stop, just couldn't hold a conversation. Anyway, I am considering all the options that may be available to use the Zumo with the bike's system or set up an all new communications system based on a bluetooth headset linked to the Zumo and forget the BMW system or something else??? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't have a Zumo but I am struggling with the 06 comm system. I was hoping for IMC to come out with there bluetooth connection but it looks like that isn't going to happen.
So recently a new Blue tooth head set was released on the market with great reviews on Webbike.

Its called SENA SMH10, they are only available on eBay. I got a dual set for $271.99us (promotion price) an it certainly beats J&M headset prices. Won't have them for a couple of weeks (snail mail, customs :().

Just info for you. I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the J&M Bluetooth headset with their stereo integration system and CB. It works flawlessly with my Blackberry and my Zumo 550. Plus their service is outstanding ask for Brian.
Good luck with your choice.
:bmw:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I previously ran a Street Pilot 2610 then a 2720 on my LT. I switched to a Zumo from my GT last year and it works great. I like the bigger screen and it takes up less room than the 2720. I had to cut the connector cord to wire the unit and it only sends out mono, but as I use an iPod for my music, that is not a problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You could use a autocom tie in into the bmw radio system and then integrate the zumo with the autocom and their headsets......

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Bighopper said:
So recently a new Blue tooth head set was released on the market with great reviews on Webbike.

Its called SENA SMH10, they are only available on eBay. I got a dual set for $271.99us (promotion price) an it certainly beats J&M headset prices. Won't have them for a couple of weeks (snail mail, customs :()..
Thanks for the lead...

After some searching on the web I found nothing but great reviews. Ordered a dual set from www.mrhit.com for $269.00 and no shipping charges. But tax in Texas.

After messing for years with cables and flimsy microphones this should be great. If anyone has used this set-up with a Zumo 550 (BMW version) and an I phone that is used for music as well, I would love to hear from you.

PS: How do you pipe the radio into a set up like this?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts