BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cup is the muffler like thing that is your intake near the headlight. Over the winter I had posted the question Here and I had a few people interested in the bikes performance and sound. Well I have ridden it for a few weeks now and can say that once the moronic finally realized how I ride everything seemed to be back to about the same performance. Before that I thought I had really screwed up because everytime I twisted the throttle it fell on its nose about ready to die like it was too lean. So now about 2 weeks into riding it I realized that i had left it off when I noticed this strange noise coming from the front of the bike. The intake seems to be extremely Loud. It almost blocks out the stock exhaust. And when you get to really twisting the grip, she lets you know all about it. Definate plus for anyone who wants to hear the deep throaty intake. :yeah: Or for those of you who want to airhorn on the bike.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention I have noticed NO positive gains in performance, could be due to a bike that is so heavy who is ever going to notice a couple of extra pony's. now 10 or 20 extra then heck yeah I would notice that but I haven't seen any great improvement, but I haven't seen any negative impacts either. My gas mileage seems to be hovering at high 40's and low 50's.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Been riding with my LT's intake snorkle removed for 3 years now.
Never noticed any increase in noise tho ?

Along with the REMUS exhaust purr, all's well here :bmw:

40 to 55 mpg pending on altitude and tempurture.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
motorhead said:
Been riding with my LT's intake snorkle removed for 3 years now.
Never noticed any increase in noise tho ?

Along with the REMUS exhaust purr, all's well here :bmw:

40 to 55 mpg pending on altitude and tempurture.

I don't imagine you would hear it over the remus. I still have the stock muffler. When I had posted my question over the winter it seemed like no one had thought to remove it. Glad I am not the only one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts