BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Wow. I just got a quote for a 2008 K1200S. Same coverage as what I had previously 100K/300K/100K with $1000 deductible.

I got quoted $1,428.00 through Geico. My 2004 R1150GS Adventure and 2003 Ducati Multistrada combined were $670.

I also got quotes on two different Ducatis and they each came at $970.00

Ouch. Back to the drawing board.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
RaffyK said:
Progressive:

K1200S $2,361.00

Ducatis $1,338.00

All the quotes for Geico and Progressive factor in 1 at fault accident.
Me thinks Progressive wants you to insure somewhere else!! So much for their TV ad.

Insure it in Patti's name!! ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Try Foremost (spun-off from Farmers).

For 100/300/100 w/ $500 deductible paying less than $800 for a 2003 LT and a 2007 F800S.

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
I pay $650 for all three current bikes combined but they wanted $1400 just (no tickets or accidents) for the K1300S. It's really not an option unless I hit the lotto at this point.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
scottydawg said:
I pay $650 for all three current bikes combined but they wanted $1400 just (no tickets or accidents) for the K1300S. It's really not an option unless I hit the lotto at this point.
Scotty, you did hit the lottery, just look at your wonderful wife! :D

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Florian said:
My 05LT and 07GT = 600/yr w/GEICO.

Give em a buzz, you may be suprised.

F
I did hence the first post. It's the cost of repairs on the K1200S that has the price out of whack.

On the other hand, even if I pay their asking rate, if I switch my cars and home over and get an umbrella policy, I'll save $288 over just motorcycle with Geico and the auto and home with Liberty without umbrella.

Just hate paying $1,428 for one motorcycle insurance.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
RaffyK said:

Nor can I blame you....that's outrageous.
BTW, sorry, I just glanced at the first post.....didnt comprehend it. Must be the booze.

F

·
Registered
656 Posts
Try GMAC really good rates in fact BMW uses them as their dealer insurance

·
Registered
160 Posts
The best you can do with insurance is get as many quotes as you can for the coverage you want and pick the best one. Asking anyone else is usually futile as rates can vary from one zip code to the next. Comparing rates with people in different states will drive you absolutely barking mad because the company that gave you a good quote is totally unreasonable in the next state over and your worst quote may be from a company that someone else says is the best deal going.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I have Progressive (Oppressive) for cars and MC's. I haven't had a ticket/accident for 20+ years and my Insurance for the LT was $886 for the year. But wait! They sent me a notice that they were going to lower my premium!!! Finally got the new renewal notice and it went down to $640. Checked with Foremost through AARP and my premium, same coverage, is just under $250. Two hundred and fifty dollars! There's one catch..... I have to join AARP for $16/year for both my wife and myself. Hellloooooo AARP.

BTW I had never had any problem with Oppressive until some POS broke the side window out of my truck and stole my laptop. I called Oppressive and they "opened a claim" to tell me that the damage was under my coverage radar. So they raised my insurance $136 for one year. 2 years later the gal at the end of the phone stated they should never have raised my rates due to the incident. Of course it was too late for them to refund my $136! B'tards!

As I've said before I ride like I drive. Just like an old woman.

Signed,

Aunt Bea

·
Registered
509 Posts
Almost afraid to tell you how low mine is....$154 for my 2002 LT...with Progressive

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Same here....I'm paying $184 per year on a 2002LT with 500k coverages. It must be the credit rating and driving history that make the difference.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
RaffyK said:
I did hence the first post. It's the cost of repairs on the K1200S that has the price out of whack.

On the other hand, even if I pay their asking rate, if I switch my cars and home over and get an umbrella policy, I'll save $288 over just motorcycle with Geico and the auto and home with Liberty without umbrella.

Hey Raffy, call my guy Jeff Young and see if he can help you out. 916 473 9564 He's been able to get some good rates for my customers on those bikes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts