BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if someone in OZ (NSW most probably) that knows an insurance company that would provide motorcycle insurance for 2, either DL650's or KLR650's, for 3 mths.
I am a Non-Resident & have lived in Canada for 42yrs & a friend & I would like to visit from September till end of November.
Ride NSW, QLD, NT,SA, VIC, TAS.

I have tried 3 companies so far & all don't do short term! And of no fixed address, although I have a sister, sister-in-law in Sydney that I can use as home base (mailing address).

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
739 Posts
I find Canadians are generally pretty nice people, so insurance isn't needed. (Sorry, I couldn't resist from the thread title:laugh:)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Have your Sister-in-law add the bikes to her policy and pay her for the insurance. She can even list you as one of the possible riders/drivers. Then, have her cancel the insurance when you are done riding. Are you shipping bikes over or renting or what?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have your Sister-in-law add the bikes to her policy and pay her for the insurance. She can even list you as one of the possible riders/drivers. Then, have her cancel the insurance when you are done riding. Are you shipping bikes over or renting or what?
We were going to buy used bikes in OZ, most probably NSW around Sydney.
I see an issue that my sister doesn't have a motorcycle license! But worth an ask.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have tried 3 companies so far & all don't do short term! And of no fixed address, although I have a sister, sister-in-law in Sydney that I can use as home base (mailing address).

Thanks
Phil
Phill I have contacted Swann Insurance, one of Australia's Leading insurance companies for motor cycles on your behalf and this is the response I received, as to if you can insure for 3 months that is another question. I guess if you have to pay for a full year better that than riding an uninsured Bike.
Linton:laugh:

Hi Linton,

We do offer insurance to international drivers/riders as long as they hold a valid licence in their home country.

Kind Regards

nathan phan
Business Development Consultant, Business Development Team
SWANN INSURANCE

T 1300 307 926
E [email protected]

Swann Insurance is backed by IAG

www.swanninsurance.com.au

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phill I have contacted Swann Insurance, one of Australia's Leading insurance companies for motor cycles on your behalf and this is the response I received, as to if you can insure for 3 months that is another question. I guess if you have to pay for a full year better that than riding an uninsured Bike.
Linton:laugh:

Hi Linton,

We do offer insurance to international drivers/riders as long as they hold a valid licence in their home country.

Kind Regards

nathan phan
Business Development Consultant, Business Development Team
SWANN INSURANCE

T 1300 307 926
E [email protected]

Swann Insurance is backed by IAG

www.swanninsurance.com.au
Thanks Linton for doing this. I will follow up with them to see what they would charge for us on a couple of DL650 Vstroms.
Phil

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
no worries mate glad to try and help you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts