BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in both manuals (large and small) and cant find the answer. I want to put in new bulbs (red) in the dash but cant get the old ones out. I am assuming you pull the rubber boot out of the instrument panel. I pulled, twisted, turned those little suckers and still cant get them out. I dont want to rip the rubber or rip out the bulb wires......What do I need to do differently????

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
No real answer here, unless you have a 2005 model.

Clymer's, page 301, simply states:
"Working between the fairing bracket and the bottom of the instrument panel, remove the bulb holder and replace the blown bulb."

It also states that for 2005+ models, "lighting is provided by non-replaceable LED units. If a lighting unit fails and no other problems can be found, refer further testing to a dealership."

BMW K1200LT Service Manual, page 62.7, states:
" Note: If necessary, pull gently on the cables to release the
telltale/warning lights.
– Remove instrument cover.
....................................................See Group 46
• Pull out the appropriate holder with telltale/warning
light.
• Renew the telltale/warning light.
• Press the telltale/warning light holder as far as
possible into the instrument cluster.
• Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
"

See attachment for the page with a diagram of what goes where. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
airborneod said:
I looked in both manuals (large and small) and cant find the answer. I want to put in new bulbs (red) in the dash but cant get the old ones out. I am assuming you pull the rubber boot out of the instrument panel. I pulled, twisted, turned those little suckers and still cant get them out. I dont want to rip the rubber or rip out the bulb wires......What do I need to do differently????
I got them out but needed the assistance of a pair of pliers..They pulled directly out,

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
While you have it out and disassembled, please tell me how big the bulb holes are. Have a replacement bulb slightly larger than stock, and need to know size of hold to see if it will fit or if I need to order different bulb.

TIA

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Pliers

I seem to remember using a small pair of hook nose needle nose pliers..
Gripped the boot and pulled them straight out..

Good luck

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts