BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no communication system on my LT. Beemer Boneyard probably gets BMW Comm systems from time to time. If I buy one, how tough is the install and what kind of connections have to be made? Not having a comm system in place, can one just be added? What else besides headsets (J&M?) will I need? Is there any difference between model years, i.e. would a comm system from a 2006 model year work on my 2000? TIA

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Lee Do Not wait your money on a BMW System.
there are many better aftermarket ones out there.
HERE is a basic Autocom system that is set up for one rider. I know Lone Star BMW here in Austin has a lot of Autocom stuff that they are closing out. If you want I can go by in the next few days & see what they have left. First tell me what you want it to do.
1) music from bike radio
2)cell phone
3) radar dect.
4) I-Pod
5) GPS

I bought one a few months back with 2 head sets & hook ups to the radio , radar & cell phone for less then $300.00

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Just shows that not all Steve's think alike..... We have the same bike. I had my RDU (buttons on the stingray) take a dump on me. I lucked into some guy selling the entire stingray with the BC3 & antennas. Got it all for a whopping $300. If you are just swapping in the comsystem there are a few pins in the rear of the radio that need to be pulled and or adjusted. If you get the "guts" of the units it should be plug and play. You will however need to power it up. I ran leads from my aux fuse box to the stingray. No issues thus far. Bottom line, get what you can and the cheap and you'll be happy I am sure..

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve and Steve,
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not stuck on the BMW comm system. After being dumbfounded by other systems, what was included, what wasn't, why the hairy do they cost so much, it seemed a parted out BMW system might be the way to go. I'm open to anything that will function as it should and will allow me to keep all my body parts. Arms, legs staying attached to me where they should be. :histerica

I'd like the system to work with:
GPS, cell, intercom, two-way (CB or FRS/GMRS, which I don't have yet). If it also worked with the bike's radio, iPod, etc. that would be a plus.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Get a Autocom you will be pleasantly surprised, it actually works, you can retain the volume control on you K1200, and not spend a arm and a leg on a system that does not work. The autocom is guaranteed to work, Kieth 918-446-2245

1 - 5 of 5 Posts