BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help identifying the pins on the oem radio/cd player. What are the extra set of pins on the device for? Also, you can save me some time if you know the color code on the wiring.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nail24,

Was your install successful? I have the same options on my '08RT. Have been pondering adding helmet audio, etc. Depending on your experience, Autocom may be an option. Thanks for your time and good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have '08 RT with factory stereo to which I fitted Baehr Ultima XL comms system.

This makes use of the black radio connector you show above and utilises the spare 'rear speaker' wires not currently in use on the RT.

This means that when using the stereo controls you fade to the front speakers on the bike or fade to the rear which is the helmet comms.....all music from whatever source is controlled this way.

I've not got a diagram handy but the positions you need are:

(12) LHL-

(14) LHR-

(6) LHR+

(3) LHL +

Baehr make a cable especially to go into these apartures but I don't believe Autocom do.....should be a simple matter to obtain compatible connectors.....?

No idea of the colour coding on remaining wiring as this is not disturbed on my installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts