BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autocom system. I have just bought a Schuberth C2 helmet and my wife has a Nolan N100. On the N100 the mikelet is mounted on a little boom that gets stuffed under the foam liner. The problem is that it gets knocked out of position, if not out of the helmet entirely, when she puts the helmet on or takes it off.

When I mount the mike in my new Schuberth, I'd like to do something better. Has anyone done something other that the setup like my wife's Nolan? BTW, we user earphone earplugs and so helmet speakers are not an issue.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
I don't know, Paul, but I have the same question.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
I am thinking of getting the C2 in the next couple of weeks. When I purchase the C2, I may have it shipped directly to TopGear and let them install the mic and headset. With the way that the chin flap is on the C2, a better way of mounting the mic will have to be done. I currently have the HJC symax and the mic does tend to move some. I spoke to TopGear last week and they said that they have done some C2 installations. I did not get a price from them as I am still deciding on when to purchase the C2.
For a bit of information, Rick has left TopGear. Rick was the top (technical) person there.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Thanks Ken. I have had the site book marked for several months. I have the bmw code which gives 20-percent discount.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, today's 160 mi. ride with the new C2 showed its strengths and weaknesses. Using earplug speakers is going to reqiure some expansion of the ear pocket. I assume that the same would be true of helmet speakers. I was able to velcro the mike to the chin bar but it seemed uncomfortably close if the chin bar we required to perform in an accident. I'm wondering is a small electret mike could works as well and be embedded in he chin bar. I velco'd the wires to the outside of the chin bar and this worked quite well. Very easy to remove for solo riding.

Aside from the unrefined insatllion of the intercom, this C2 has shown itself to be an outstanding helemt. The ventilation is better than my Arai Corsair!

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Bummer. I called and asked for the BMW website code, and got 10% off. Of course they're already $100 below retail, so that helped. No matter, as the helmet is here already. I just gotta decide whether to fit my IntaRide headsets, or splurge and finally get the Baehr setup.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
meese said:
Bummer. I called and asked for the BMW website code, and got 10% off. Of course they're already $100 below retail, so that helped. No matter, as the helmet is here already. I just gotta decide whether to fit my IntaRide headsets, or splurge and finally get the Baehr setup.
Splurge! Splurge! Splurge! Always easier when it is someone else's money. ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have Nolen N100 helmets also. I installed the Baehr intercom but used the microphone that mounts inside the flip. The wires attach using a very short coiled cord made just for this purpose that expands when you flip up the front. When shut the mike is directly in front of your mouth. This setup works flawlessly and was not very difficult to install. The liner of the Nolan just pops out.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Thanks for the info, Brian. Did the coiled cord come with the standard Baehr setup, or did you have to buy it separately?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Baehr sells the coiled cord seperately. I think it was $3.95. They just plug into the existing wires. There is no soldering or "cut and patch" with the Baehr at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts