BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm over here from the LT forum. My LT is doing alright. But I believe in a few years time. Replacement for the LT will probably be a GTL. There just is nothing else that comes close other than a BMW. So. The K1600 Has a Bluetooth system. Can I integrate my J&M cb in the system. And has the audio system improved from the first year? Heard it wasn't the greatest in 2012 and improvments were made since then. I have a corded headset with the LT now.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
While headset have made great improvements The BT transmitter in the K1600 is still at BT 2.0 and I can tell you that as of 2014 its so bad I don't link to the bike anymore. If they improved the alpine/BMW Bluetooth since 2014 I haven't heard anything positive about it.

The other bad news is J&M and BMW don't play together anymore. You'll have trouble getting cables or whatever as J&M has dropped support.

You'll have to decide between wired or BT. If wireless is your pick then best to leave out the bikes BT transmitter and hard wire an SM10 dual BT transmitter to thew bike's speakers and pair your headset to that. There is much info on this site on how to do that in the blue tooth and audio forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts