BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Schuberth C3 and need to install the headset for a Starcom communication system in it (SH004).

Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with the routing of the wires, placement of the speakers and microphone in the helmet before I really get to far into it.

I can see a potential problem with the microphone wire getting caught in the hinge when you lower the face piece and then the speakers will be covered up by the liner if you place them in the cut outs built into the helmet by Schuberth.

I've temporarily installed the headset and the speakers were muffled so much by the liner that they were almost useless.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am not familiar with that system, and I have a C2 with Autocom speakers. It is absolutely critical to get the speakers centered over the holes in your ears. Even a 1/4" movement kills sound by well over half. It's probably not the liner creating an issue but placement and angle.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the speaker position, and I will have to work on that, what about routing the mic cable?
I think I have mine in a good position, but would like to get some others input.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
calvarez said:
So it doesn't have a mic boom, it's a flex cable and you stick the mic to the chin guard?
I'm only aware of using a boom mike in conjunction with a flip up helmet. That's what I have on my Nolan X-Lite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts