BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Upfront work

Hi Jim,
Welcome to the frey.
Have you poured through the GPS section of this forum? There's lot's of different and unique options to mounting explained there (handlebar, stingray, BMR mount...). I was more drawn to the BMR mount to ensure I keep looking ahead. That's a huge part of making the LT a bit easier to handle, for me anyway.
Cables are sometimes model specific. Can you provide more details as to what you have and what you want to end up with?
Have fun,
Jer

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Hook up electrical HOT

My power is switched and turns the GPS off at the worst times. Eventually I plan to re-wire it hot all the time. Just remember to turn it off at the end of the day. To keep it on, if the power is switched off, install the batteries. Gives you 20 seconds to decide...... Concerned about batteries corroding though... if left in the GPS for too long. Make sure they are EverReady. They replace devises damaged by corroding batteries. At least flash lights!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I hard wired mine to the "Map" light above the gauges. When I stop to get fuel, snacks etc...I leave the key in the accessory position so the GPS will stay on. (No wait to restart). Works great for me. Also I mounted the GPS to the "Stingray" with the factory mount that came with the unit. As you look down at the Gauges the GPS is right there in site.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I mounted my 2610 on the stingray with a really nice stainless steel bracket I bought from a vendor at the MOA National rally. I don't like the handlebar mounts because they block the mirror.

I like mine to be on an un-switched circuit so I tapped into the accessory plug for power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts