Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy MC jump. Watch until the end.

CLICK!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow! Not even when I was 20 something would I try that.

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I see something like this I ask myself if the guy is actually having fun or is it so planned out on a minuscule scale that there is no room for fun.
Awesome vid though.

·
Old Dawg
3,287 Posts
We saw the new On Any Sunday last week and this was featured in the movie, just excellent fun. Great movie to watch.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Dirt Bike off an Olympic ski Jump

Robbie Maddison is a better rider than me... Yes, I admit it! :eek:

Clicky-Clicky

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Re: Dirt Bike off an Olympic ski Jump

I can do all that stuff except the power slides, wheelies, jumps, landings, and anything that includes going off the level and straight road. Very impressive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Dirt Bike off an Olympic ski Jump

Nice video, thanks, it brings back memories from my old dirt biking days. Well not really, I could start the bike and wave to the camera guy in the Porsche, but the rest was above my pay grade.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Thread HiJack!
Amazing motorcycle rider. Fun to watch.
Professional videographer, editing, and slow motion adds to the effect.

But as a motorcyclist and former ski jumper, I have to comment: He took that jump with skill and experience, but on a machine that has brakes, throttle, and gyroscopic stability.

So how about some video of those who take the jump without anything but a pair of skis, designed to be air foils, attached to their feet with sloppy bindings. Before sky diving and base jumping in wing suits, this was the only way to fly, the original extreme sport:

Long jumps in Europe:
Some long jumps by Norwegian ski jumpers - YouTube

Go for the ride with a GoPro:
GoPro: Ski Flying With Anders Jacobsen - YouTube

Record jump at our local, small town, 90 meter jump:
Harris Hill Ski Jump - February 14, 2009 - Record Jump - YouTube

Some of the recent annual competition:
Harris Hill Ski Jumping, Brattleboro VT - YouTube

During Winter Carnival. Come watch. Schedule & Information | Harris Hill Ski Jump
There's a beer tent. ;)
And plenty of parking for your K1200LT. Just remember to put on your tire chains. :histerica

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Wow, best I ever did was jumping mile road intersections from wheat fields in western Nebraska as a kid. This guy's got some set of cajones!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts