BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

I just picked up my 2nd new LT this weekend. My 1st one is likely gonna be sold. Anyway.... with having the bike color I really wanted, now comes to dress her up! Well was wondering about peoples input of a backrest, what brand does everyone have, what have yall tried, are there any to stay away from?

I have found one that I seem to like how it is setup. This is the link to it... if yall could let me know what you think, it would be much appreciated! :) the name is Utopia.

Utopia Products - Motorcycle Driver Backrest - Motorcycle Seat

Thank you.

Mike

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Hi, Mike. I've enjoyed a Utopia backrest on ole Toad for 17 years and absolutely no issues. I like that it can be positioned most favorable for your back - the vertical support bar can be locked forward or back from vertical, as well as the pad will tilt to confirm to your posture while seated. After 140K+ miles of use, looks brand new. Don't know their current offerings, but mine came with a wraparound cover to hide the vertical bar (recommended), along with a small 'purse-like' removable belt pack. HTH, Mike - best always.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a Utopia I picked up off Fleabay. Had to fab my own mount, since the mount was designed for a different bike. It ain't the prettiest thing under the seat, but when it's down, it looks natural. That pic is of the stock seat, I've since added a Corbin. Aside from a small gap between the rider and passenger seat, it still sits and looks the same.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts