BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my left signal light stopped operating and I removed the switch and found the terminal inside the small switch had broken. There was no way to repair the switch so started pricing switches. The cheapest I could find was 125.00 for a used with shipping. Started looking around trying to find a micro switch that I could use to repair the switch. I had an old printer that was toast so disassembled and took the on/off switch from the circuit board and soldiered the wires to it. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the switch and threaded the wires through and then filled the switch with silicone and inserted the micro switch and allowed the silicone to dry. I installed the switch and wallah a repaired signal light and saved about 150.00. I wish I had taken pictures on this process to share. I just wanted to let you guys know that it can be repaired.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
ctraylor said:
Recently my left signal light stopped operating and I removed the switch and found the terminal inside the small switch had broken. There was no way to repair the switch so started pricing switches. The cheapest I could find was 125.00 for a used with shipping. Started looking around trying to find a micro switch that I could use to repair the switch. I had an old printer that was toast so disassembled and took the on/off switch from the circuit board and soldiered the wires to it. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the switch and threaded the wires through and then filled the switch with silicone and inserted the micro switch and allowed the silicone to dry. I installed the switch and wallah a repaired signal light and saved about 150.00. I wish I had taken pictures on this process to share. I just wanted to let you guys know that it can be repaired.
Wow, Curtis - brings to mind the olde saying *I learn sumpthin' new every day!* Thanks for sharing - thats a good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts