BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, I had a problem at our local tech day which resulted in a broken inlet camshaft. I’ve searched Ebay and BeemerBoneyard for a used replacement part but couldn’t find one. I called Bobs BMW this morning but was told they would have to order one from Germany which would take 4 to 5 weeks. I was hoping to be back on the road well before then.

So ….. does anyone have a used one for sale?

It is for a 2008 LT. The part number is 11317672566

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thiat stinks and I have no part help, but it begs the question of HOW and where did the intake camshft possibly break?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hey Dave - wuz Thor (read Channing!!) at the tech session Satiday?? :histerica

Seriously, that is a bummer. I would figure Dan oughta know where to check for a replacement part. For the life of me, I don't recall how much of Angel 1 that Edgar has left, nor whether it includes any engine parts, but you might ping him quick. He is loading up to move to Hawaii shortly. (eatanner) is the forums handle he goes by. He might have given a short, short list in the South Central forum last week when he posted about wanting to sell Angel 2 before he goes.

Good luck, Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Dick said:
Hey Dave - wuz Thor (read Channing!!) at the tech session Satiday?? :histerica

Seriously, that is a bummer. I would figure Dan oughta know where to check for a replacement part. For the life of me, I don't recall how much of Angel 1 that Edgar has left, nor whether it includes any engine parts, but you might ping him quick. He is loading up to move to Hawaii shortly. (eatanner) is the forums handle he goes by. He might have given a short, short list in the South Central forum last week when he posted about wanting to sell Angel 2 before he goes.

Good luck, Dave.
No Thor,
Not sure what happened. Dave will post pics of the break later tonight.
Angel1 was a 2000 LT, Daves' is a 2008. I think the cams changed with the increased HP
in 2004 or 05. I have a spare set of camshafts for a '99-03. I would like to know the difference. Except for the number stamped into them and slightly different grooves near
the gear end, they appeared identical.

dan

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Any luck David?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dave, I hope you can come up with a cam and sorry it happened. I only had one picture of the broken cam after it was removed but could'nt dumb it down. I think I sent it regular email, but did not have an accurate email address for you. Hope things get turned around sooner!!!

FK

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
$443.25 Lone Star BMW 1 week 800-729-3807

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ordered a new camshaft from Gulf Coast BMW. I don't have a delivery date yet but it will be too late to get the LT ready for the Roadrunner rally in Heber, AZ so I'll be riding the RS instead. Won't be able to pull the camper with that but US191 will be more fun.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dave, all I can say is you have the RIGHT ATTITUDE! Nice to have a back up...Was hoping you would get it running before AZ.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeh the "backup bike" will be grand there David. Need anything just holler as we say... Wish I had a cam for ya sir. And what I do have won't fix your ride. Be safe enjoy the heck out of the trip and maybe next time you can haul :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts