BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've completed the TPS adjustment (the GS911 just paid for itself.) While I am in there doing this service, i noticed the injectors look pretty gunked up especially at the nozzle end. I have the fuel rail off the bike so are there any reasons to not just clean em up with gumout or something? I plan to replace the O rings on the nozzle side. The injectors were all working prior to the service, they just have a healthy coat of gunk. I'm not sure if this was the culprit but I found the "vent" rail disconnected at the hose clamp under the frame. I don't believe I dislodged it removing the airbox/thottle body unit, but I guess its possible.

Is there anything else I should be doing before I close things up?

Thanks for all the advice so far. This is my maiden voyage into the fuel rail area so want to get it right.

Bob
So I reconnected this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A lot of snake oil out there, but I like BG 44K fuel system cleaner. However, I'm also not much of a mechanic and have only used it on the recommendation of an old friend who is in several bikes I've had over the years. Smoothed out my 07 LT rather well. My system was not clogged, just trying to get that way. I'm sure one of the mechanical gurus on the forum may have more definitive data for you. I have no interest in the company.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
I use the LUCAS brand... or if I fill at Chevron, it already has the Chevron additive.

If you are pulling the injectors.. you can take them to an "injector" shop. They can replace the "screen" filters and bench test them.. probably about $15 US each... and then you'll know you are putting in "tested" and verified injectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts