BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I like the look of the Ducati Design front headlight(s), but would especially like the improved lighting. Would appreciate any input on these lights.
Thanks,
Leon 05 Blue K1200LT

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Hi Leon,

First, try a search on this site for Ducati Designs and you'll get a few interesting threads, like this one. There's also some useful info if you search on the old BMWLT site.

I don't have one of these, but I have ridden at night with a friend who does have one. The fit and finish is excellent, and it gives out a lot more useable light than stock, but not quite as much as an HID upgrade. Plus it looks pretty cool. The price seems a bit high, but it is definitely worth considering.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I'll second Ken's comment about the Ducati light putting out a strong beam! Can't say for sure how it looks from the actual rider's seat, but watching one follow us recently on some night rides it appears plenty bright.

Also a different look if one wishes to stand out from the (albeit small) LT crowd!

John

·
Registered
711 Posts
RideIt said:
I think I like the look of the Ducati Design front headlight(s), but would especially like the improved lighting. Would appreciate any input on these lights.
Thanks,
Leon 05 Blue K1200LT
I have the Ducati Design headlight unit and am quite pleased. The light output is substantially more than stock. The install is straight forward and fairly simple. The kit has everything you need and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I give it a strong thumbs up.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I like the "different factor" of it...along with the increased light output. I wonder how difficult it would be to come out with a different/new version. One where the lights are the new shape of the dual light bikes. Like on the 'R':

·
Registered
474 Posts
Absolutely great light.

I have the DucatiDesign headlight and really really like it. I ride with Ken and John and I believe that it compares favorably with the HID. We still need to trade bikes at night to give them a good eval though. Another thing that I like is the fact that the wiring harness is much more substantial than stock.

I'm not affiliated with DucatiDesign but I do know Paul and he does excellent work. Here is a link.

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/bmw_sport_touring?b=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts