BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passing through Smoky mtn, area 10/11. I know its on weekend but would like to run dragon about 7:30AM. Is it already crowded by this time? Would it be better to avoid and come back during weekday? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
You should be just fine. After 9:00 would be bad due to all the squids and cages that get out after breakfast.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
You should be just fine. After 9:00 would be bad due to all the squids and cages that get out after breakfast.

Agreed! A good time just make sure the Tennessee Highway Patrol or Blount County Sheriff's office doesn't show up early too!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
I'll be up there in a week. My plan is to hit it early on Monday then get the hell out of Dodge before the idiots come out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Weekday are best almost any time. We went through last fall and of course some nut in an 18 wheeler decided he was going to make the run. Made it to the first turn past the store ( tree of shame) cut the corner and took out a F150.

So like one of the previous post watch out for the cages, cops and crazies!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oh and don't forget to take NC28 from the Deal's Gap store back down towards Robbinsville or vice-versa. You'll be glad you did.
+1 on Moonshiner28, my favorite. Hyw 64 is nice, as well with several nice waterfalls. Cherahola Skyway is a nice 50 miler and 143 getting to the skyway is a gem.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Dragon is being heavily patrolled on the weekends. I was there yesterday afternoon and there were 20 TN State Trooper motor officer sparked at the store. They said that 2 patrol cars were not deterring the speeders so they were there for a show of force.

In the time it took us to run up to the look out and back we saw one accident that required an ambulance and two guys getter performance awards.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Travman, Thanks! Have you heard if Cherohala or NC28 is patrolled same way on weekends?

Just wanted to have a little fun, maybe only in NC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts