BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search on these, and this looks like what I want:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=5

I was just wondering if anyone had these, and how hard are they to put on. I have the regular J pegs, but don't care much for them, I like to stretch my feet out when I ride, and this does look like what I need, but just wondering, do I have to remove my j pegs that I have, or do they mount to them, or are they that hard to put on. Thanks in advance...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
These will not work in conjuction with your J-pegs, you can use one or the other. I used these a few years back and they will bend your tip over bars if you drop your bike. The J-Peg XL's will extend your legs considerably more than the standard model J-Pegs but you need at least a 31" inseam to use them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wyorock said:
These will not work in conjuction with your J-pegs, you can use one or the other. I used these a few years back and they will bend your tip over bars if you drop your bike. The J-Peg XL's will extend your legs considerably more than the standard model J-Pegs but you need at least a 31" inseam to use them.

Ok, that is good to know, but how do you mount them on, do you have to take your j pegs off. How long does it take. I'm on a limited budget, and don't know if I can afford the xl j pegs. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Mick-O-Pegs have a version you can buy that will mount to your jpegs. That is what I have on my bike. I know use the mick-o-pegs 95% of the time. They are an easy install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theoldone said:
Mick-O-Pegs have a version you can buy that will mount to your jpegs. That is what I have on my bike. I know use the mick-o-pegs 95% of the time. They are an easy install.
How much do they cost, and do you have a link to them. If they are the ones I have looked at, there about $300.00 for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking also at highway ottomans. Does anyone have them that like them, and if so do you have any idea what they cost or where I could get them. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a set of those BB K1200LT Highway Pegs, they came on my 99 K 1200 Lt when I bought it. They have some scratches and normal signs of wear. Took them off and I'll sell them real cheap $30 plus shipping. Send me a PM anyone interested.
Glen :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cpt_go said:
I have a set of those BB K1200LT Highway Pegs, they came on my 99 K 1200 Lt when I bought it. They have some scratches and normal signs of wear. Took them off and I'll sell them real cheap $30 plus shipping. Send me a PM anyone interested.
Glen :wave
PM sent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Does your tip over wings have floor lights?
Right now I do not have any highway pegs but I was waiting to see which style I wanted just like you. Some say depending on the peg a fall, oops I meant tip over, could do severe damage to the engine which the wings are suppose to protect. Also I have floor lights on my LT so I would not want to obscure their effectiveness. One thing I have not seen addressed and I don't know that it is rare is being hit by gravel or small debris on the shin (between boot and knee cap) when legs are extended on MOP's or Ottomans.
ride safe :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
billsmith said:
Does your tip over wings have floor lights?
Right now I do not have any highway pegs but I was waiting to see which style I wanted just like you. Some say depending on the peg a fall, oops I meant tip over, could do severe damage to the engine which the wings are suppose to protect. Also I have floor lights on my LT so I would not want to obscure their effectiveness. One thing I have not seen addressed and I don't know that it is rare is being hit by gravel or small debris on the shin (between boot and knee cap) when legs are extended on MOP's or Ottomans.
ride safe :bmw:
I don't have the lights you are talking about. But I will say, I had highway pegs on my last bike, and really enjoyed them. I never had a problem with any gravel hitting me or anything like that. I enjoyed to comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
billsmith said:
Does your tip over wings have floor lights?
Right now I do not have any highway pegs but I was waiting to see which style I wanted just like you. Some say depending on the peg a fall, oops I meant tip over, could do severe damage to the engine which the wings are suppose to protect. Also I have floor lights on my LT so I would not want to obscure their effectiveness. One thing I have not seen addressed and I don't know that it is rare is being hit by gravel or small debris on the shin (between boot and knee cap) when legs are extended on MOP's or Ottomans.
ride safe :bmw:

I have the floor lights and have MOP's. The MOP's do not affect the floor lights. I have had no issues with anything hitting my legs either. The one downside to the MOP's is that you can not use them in the twisties, however your feet should be on the pegs there anyway. :)

The MOP's take a little getting used to if you have had the normal "stick my feet the air and spread my legs" type of highway pegs in the past. At first I wasn't sure I liked them, but now they are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
I installed the Highway pegs on mine and they work well for stretching your leg's out. simple and cheap solution to leg cramps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
monkeeman said:
I've been looking also at highway ottomans. Does anyone have them that like them, and if so do you have any idea what they cost or where I could get them. Thanks.

There is a set in the Classified section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
i have a set of those exact pegs in pretty much perfect shape & i have a set of the tip over bar covers already cut out for them i will include 80$ that way you dont have to cut yours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have just joined this forum and bought a LT last August. It has highway pegs that are hinged and spring loaded under the wings. Does anyone know who makes them and how to contact them? The cap is missing off the end of one peg and I would like to replace it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
theoldone said:
I suggest you take a look at Mick-O-Pegs.
Those are about the ugliest addition you could put on an LT, or any other bike for that matter...

:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
srsanfor said:
I have just joined this forum and bought a LT last August. It has highway pegs that are hinged and spring loaded under the wings. Does anyone know who makes them and how to contact them? The cap is missing off the end of one peg and I would like to replace it.
I think that Mick-O-Pegs are the only spring loaded highway pegs on the market. Do these look like what you have? www.ridingiswonderful.com/id46.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Re MOPS, whether you think they are an ugly addition or not, for function to suit a purpose they are one of the best additions for long-distance travelling I've bought, and I'm a third through a 16,000km trip.

Jim, I'm glad I bought them, would have been much tougher on the long dead-straight sections without them ( longest 90 miles no bends! )
I'm even surprised how much lean I can get before I feel a slight scrape on the heel of my boot, so lift the foot a touch and all is good. Of course you dont use them in real bends though, but gentle highway curves no problem.

I thought they were pricey too, but they are well engineered and do the job you need. Can't begrudge some good engineering.

My 2c, which suprisingly these days is 2 & a bit US cents!
Cheers ( from somewhere in Oz....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
MOPs + Jpegs+ stock foot pegs = many hours of cramp free riding!

I am a huge fan of MOPs.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top