BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danica, Sarah, Milka... oh my!



Sunday's gonna be a good day for racing!

BTW, Danica is in the second row middle. Right next to Helio.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
I definitely can't see any boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
It's nice to see...............literally!
I'm hoping to see Katheren Legge join the crowd next year. She's probably the best open wheel racer of the bunch. She's been participating in the CART series. Very well spoken, very low key, and not hard on the eyes ether.
Sorry I'm no Danica fan, I think she's way over rated. I heard lots of people complaining about her last year at Mid Ohio.......the only driver charging for autographs.
My best students when I was a high speed driving instructor were women. However I feel the best race drivers are men. Maybe tomorrow I'll be proved wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Yes! Hotties, but fully dressed, what's the point in that? Who is on the pole? get it?
Well maybe I will watch. I find IndyCars boring, they need more fist-a-cuffs like in NASCAR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
nplenzick said:
My best students when I was a high speed driving instructor were women.
They make better pilots also, they can handle the G's better.
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
norriscooper said:
Yes! Hotties, but fully dressed, what's the point in that? Who is on the pole? get it?
Well maybe I will watch. I find IndyCars boring, they need more fist-a-cuffs like in NASCAR.
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world. LOL!!! Watching Kyle Busch and Dale Jr is like watching the old WWF BS back in high school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Exactamundo

eljeffe said:
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world. LOL!!! Watching Kyle Busch and Dale Jr is like watching the old WWF BS back in high school.
You know what I am talking about!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
There was a time when Indy car racing would rival any race series in this country but thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series IRL and CART it pretty much brought it to extinction.
Thankfully the two sides are now merging and next year looks to be very promising. Look out NASCAR!
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,572 Posts
eljeffe said:
Ah, NASCAR. The professional wrestling of the automotive racing world.
Wait, I though that "professional" wrestling was all fake, where the outcomes were pre-determined and the contest is run for purely entertainment purposes . . . Oh, now I understand Nascar. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
RVB1019 said:
NASCAR= Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Redneckks!
Too Funny!

If you really want to see some great sedan racing take a look at our friends down under. The Australian Super Car series is what NASCAR should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,862 Posts
nplenzick said:
....thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series
That depends on whether you consider Indianappolis Motor Speedway to be "just another race track". The CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) powers were so enammoured with becoming a rival to F1, they were cutting off the base that Champ car racing was built on. Tony realized this and started IRL so all those Midget and Sprint car kids had something to work towards. After Cart lost their crown jewel (The Indy 500) it was just a matter of time before they imploded.

nplenzick said:
Look out NASCAR!
If (<- big if) they can manage to put together an ultra competitive open wheel series, with a balance of oval and road courses, and a governing body strong enough to keep the inmates from taking over the asylum (ala CART). They might have a chance. There is a problem with prime venues (and TV) to deal with. All it takes is money.

Let's hope.




P.S. You "left turn only" haters.....spend any time, at any level, behind the wheel of a full bodied stock car on an oval, then get back to me on whether or not it takes any talent.
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hoog62 said:
P.S. You "left turn only" haters.....spend any time, at any level, behind the wheel of a full bodied stock car on an oval, then get back to me on whether or not it takes any talent.
I don't mean to disparage the talent of the NASCAR driver. Having done many laps in a NASCAR replica at the Richard Petty Experience, it takes talent AND athletic ability to drive these cars for hundreds of laps for many hours. However, the bullshit drama that NASCAR seems to foster with "posed" animosity between drivers gives it the professional wrestling taste to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
nplenzick said:
There was a time when Indy car racing would rival any race series in this country but thanks primarily to the greed of Tony George and the split into two series IRL and CART it pretty much brought it to extinction.
Thankfully the two sides are now merging and next year looks to be very promising. Look out NASCAR!
I hope your optimism is proven to be warranted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
nplenzick said:
Too Funny!

If you really want to see some great sedan racing take a look at our friends down under. The Australian Super Car series is what NASCAR should be.
Opinions concerning NASCAR are fine. Like it or not however, NASCAR puts on the best show in sports as fan loyalty and the quality of sponsors demonstrate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,862 Posts
eljeffe said:
the bullshit drama that NASCAR seems to foster with "posed" animosity between drivers gives it the professional wrestling taste to it.
On that we agree 100% :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
hoog62 said:
That depends on whether you consider Indianappolis Motor Speedway to be "just another race track". The CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) powers were so enammoured with becoming a rival to F1, they were cutting off the base that Champ car racing was built on. Tony realized this and started IRL so all those Midget and Sprint car kids had something to work towards. After Cart lost their crown jewel (The Indy 500) it was just a matter of time before they imploded.


If (<- big if) they can manage to put together an ultra competitive open wheel series, with a balance of oval and road courses, and a governing body strong enough to keep the inmates from taking over the asylum (ala CART). They might have a chance. There is a problem with prime venues (and TV) to deal with. All it takes is money.

Let's hope.




P.S. You "left turn only" haters.....spend any time, at any level, behind the wheel of a full bodied stock car on an oval, then get back to me on whether or not it takes any talent.
That's one way to look at it but look at it a little differently maybe because I have met many who are involved in the sport. Tony was trying to be the USA version of Bernie of F1 fame. He used his flag waving bullshit to promote himself. Yea I remember all to well how he was suppose to promote USA drivers in USA cars. Remember that Olds motor? I do what a piece of crap that was! Remember when pole day would draw 250K spectators? Those days are long gone. Where are those sprint car drivers today? Where are those USA powered cars today?

The bottom line is they need each other and if they can put just a little of their greed behind them, then they will reap the rewards in a few years.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top