BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the DFW area have a recommendation on a independent mechanic? I know Perry's Motorcycles in Fort Worth (former dealer) and he is retiring. They just put in a battery and oil change, but I don't want to haul it to the other side of Fort Worth if I don't have to. Stopped off a the Freedom Power Sports in Hurst, Texas (BMW FTW Dealer) and of course there rates are $140 per hour. Would have to sell a lung or something. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to Freedom when I first got my LT and they are pretty useless. I would rather attempt to wrench myself than go there. When is Perry retiring?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a message back from Merry at Perry's. They have sold the business to an employee and will be there for some time during the transition. Not closing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anyone in the DFW area have a recommendation on a independent mechanic? I know Perry's Motorcycles in Fort Worth (former dealer) and he is retiring. They just put in a battery and oil change, but I don't want to haul it to the other side of Fort Worth if I don't have to. Stopped off a the Freedom Power Sports in Hurst, Texas (BMW FTW Dealer) and of course there rates are $140 per hour. Would have to sell a lung or something. Thanks in advance.
I spoke with Freedoms head tech and he's pretty good but there's no telling with the rest. Sales and parts are mediocre at best and they don't carry anything in stock. I priced a rear seal job and it would of been over 3k all said and done. I'm all for a reasonable independent or I'll just wrench it myself so I'm interested in what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts