BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 is approaching the 10 years mark and I'm wanting to stave off any age related failure of the EFI hose inside the fuel tank. I replaced the fuel filter at 30,000 Kms and the hose all looked & felt fine, but I'd rather change the hose when I take the plastic off for other maintenance in the near future.
Has anyone had experience with Euro Motoelectrics fuel hose kits ? Stated as p/n 16 13 1 455 350/Enduralast and specified to meet SAE 30R10 for submersible fuel hoses (flouroelastomer with kevlar braiding) and including decent screw type EFI clamps. Opinions, alternatives etc ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
My '05 is approaching the 10 years mark and I'm wanting to stave off any age related failure of the EFI hose inside the fuel tank. I replaced the fuel filter at 30,000 Kms and the hose all looked & felt fine, but I'd rather change the hose when I take the plastic off for other maintenance in the near future.
Has anyone had experience with Euro Motoelectrics fuel hose kits ? Stated as p/n 16 13 1 455 350/Enduralast and specified to meet SAE 30R10 for submersible fuel hoses (flouroelastomer with kevlar braiding) and including decent screw type EFI clamps. Opinions, alternatives etc ?
I'm wondering the same thing. I asked my stealer to order the Euro Motoelectrics hose (I like to throw them a bone once in a while because they are in fact a very good stealer as stealers go) and they are trying to steer me to use the BMW hose. I told them this is a superior product and is the hose material BMW should have used from all I have read on the subject. I also asked them to order the all metal quick disconnects. What manufacturers disconnects are best fit for the LT.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the metal QD's from Beemer Boneyard and they seem to be good, but you need to be careful in fitting them as they take up all the avaiable space. I think others have found the Jiffy-Tite QD's to be slightly more compact, maybe a little more up-market product, but I'm happy with mine. The plastic OEM units failed the first time I tried to disconnect them.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I am all for superior or even comparable aftermarket parts, but given that these hoses can leave you stranded with no warning and are a pain to get to for a roadside repair, I plan to stay with the OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I asked my stealer to order the Euro Motoelectrics hose (I like to throw them a bone once in a while because they are in fact a very good stealer as stealers go) and they are trying to steer me to use the BMW hose. I told them this is a superior product and is the hose material BMW should have used from all I have read on the subject. I also asked them to order the all metal quick disconnects. What manufacturers disconnects are best fit for the LT.
Jiffy Tite from RPW.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I did order a set for my K1200RS and it is now sitting in garage to be installed. There is no rush yet and I may wait until winter when bike is parked to do these jobs.

Hoses do not look very strong or thick compare to BMW material, but we have to keep in mind it is a very different type of hose material and composition. I noted that inside diameter looks a bit less than 8mm and I had to apply a bit more force to install over a spare fuel-filter I had.

Many Aprilia, Ducati use a similar hose. Also, the newer BMW slant-4 engine (K1200S, K1300S, K1300GT from 2005) now use a similar hose, but different color.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have the JiffyTite from RPW and am VERY pleased with them.

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
303 Posts
I just replaced my 06 LT in tank hoses with OEM. Heard some members here had problems with the aftermarket hoses or the "DIY" fuel hoses purchased locally. YMMV

Just an FYI, mine failed and left me stranded along I-20 outside of Atlanta, GA 1.5 months ago.

Sammy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone used the hoses that Beemerboneyard sells? They claim they are suitable for in the tank.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have the JiffyTite from RPW and am VERY pleased with them.
Are we talking connectors or fuel hose? I hadn't noticed fuel lines on RPW by JiffyTite. Interested in all thes options because replacing fuel lines is also on my upcoming maintenance list.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Replaced my tank hose last month with FP- HOSE KIT from EUROMOTOELECTRICS. When I did my research that seamed the best way to go. www euromotoelectrics.com

·
Registered
223 Posts
I get my fuel hose for inside the fuel tank from NAPA.

You have to get a fuel proof hose that is made to be immersed in the gasoline. But over time the gas still attacks the hose causing it to breakdown with perforations through the walls of the hose.

Cost is about $20-$25 dollars.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would get the OEM curved one but the straight one would be alright from NAPA and the OEM clamps that you sqeeze together by the way Karl what did you do for the curved hose

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just talked to the owner of my local BMW dealership, who also is a pretty good wrench and was working the service desk today when I stopped in to schedule my 24K service. I showed him the Enduralast nylon fuel line spec from Euromotoelectrics and he said the product is very good. He said most of the European bike and car manufactures now use this 100% nylon hose for both submersible & external fuel injection systems. He said most American cars and trucks use it especially for in tank and external fuel filters. He said the 100% nylon has a much longer service life submersed in E85 fuel than any product out there. He did say the other hybrid submersible hoses will work but you have to change out every 5 or 6 years to have peace of mind. He said you should get 10+ years easily with the Nylon. Curious if anyone else can confirm this info?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I received my hoses (2 sets x 2 hoses) a couple of days ago. 10 days for postage ex US, very good service. The steel clamps for the hose look very good, screw type with a square nut captive in the clamp and a tail extending to give 100% clamping around the full circle. With the hose material being thinner and less able to compress, it will be important to correctly position the clamps and also to lubricate the clamp screw with oil. I've seen others attempt to tighten dry clamps and much of the applied torque on the screw is lost to friction, clamp appears tight when in fact the screw thread is tight and binding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Gary, I just curved it when I mounted it. I checked it to make sure it wasn't compressing at the curve. Also you can get the fuel filter at NAPA also. I believe that I got this info from the video on the BMW Motorrad Club of Northern Illinois website
The club pres also tells you where to get the air filter....It is a MANN air filter and it looks exactly like the OEM from BMW without BMW sticker.

http://illinoisbmwriders.com/servic...s/15-k-bikes/27-k1200lt-gas-air-filter-change.

I have put 4K miles on my LT since I changed out the Fuel filter and hose in the gas tank...

Runs fine.
At the recommendation of this thread, I did look at the Euro Nylon hose.. I think it might be less expensive than the NAPA hose which doesn't have the ribbed section to handle the curve better. Next time I will change out to the Nylon hose. It looks better suited to our needs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you replaced your hoses on your fuel filter with the enduralast kit what did you use as a short hose. The kit I have from them has two flex hoses approx 10.5" in length. I see how the lower side U shaped hose goes on, but what did you use or do for the small short hose from the fuel pump to the filter.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I received my hoses (2 sets x 2 hoses) a couple of days ago. 10 days for postage ex US, very good service. The steel clamps for the hose look very good, screw type with a square nut captive in the clamp and a tail extending to give 100% clamping around the full circle. With the hose material being thinner and less able to compress, it will be important to correctly position the clamps and also to lubricate the clamp screw with oil. I've seen others attempt to tighten dry clamps and much of the applied torque on the screw is lost to friction, clamp appears tight when in fact the screw thread is tight and binding.
Hi Dennis, let us know how it goes and maybe a couple of pics of the final setup before it goes in with any special instructions... might be a little group buy up this way for the next change will be in order!
cheers :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem Chris, I needed to buy 2 sets to reach the minimum order $ figure. As for the straight hose section, I might sacrafice 1 piece for that as well. I'll probably change the hoses out in the next few weeks, based on age only (10 years now). Fuel filter was replaced 2 years (15,000 Kms ago).

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have seen them on ebay from the same shop 19.50$ 3.95 shipping. No minimum purchase

1 - 20 of 33 Posts