BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you folks, I found myself in san Diego with a day to go looking at bikes etc

I was wondering if there is good Motorcycle shop with farkles etc in the area. I am in the Navy Base, 32 St Barracks now - North Island Air Base by Monday.. but am mobile.

I would be looking for Muth signal mirrors or a HiD light for the low beam (if that is possible)

Thanks, and it is great weather here today, hope you lads are riding and not on the computer.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
If you are looking for BMW dealers, there are two.
Brattin BMW, 4952 El Cajon Blvd. - San Diego, CA 92115 - (619) 286-1971

and further away, but well worth checking out,
BMW Motorcycles of North County 499 North Hale Avenue, Escondido, CA 92029 (760)-520-1288

I know there are several other motorcycle dealers around, but did not frequent them much, being the BMW snob that I am. :D :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David, I will check them the one out on EL Cajon tomorrow. Still need to know if there is a place to buy the "Muth signal Mirrors" in this town...found the lamp light district and it's many Bars tonight....rather spend money on something I can hold...

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I don't know if any local dealers have the mirrors. Pretty sure Brecht BMW had them, but they sold the dealership to North County Motorcycles. I think most of the same people are there, and they do have the BMW clothing line. Call them and ask. They were my favorite of the two dealerships.

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
Muth Signal Mirrors

Brown Motorworks in Pomona has the Muth Signal mirrors. However, Brown is a good distance aways from San Diego, probably about 95 miles or so.

Tom

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

I was able to make it to both BMW dealers for a look see: in both places the service and information were good, although neither had Muth Mirrors, or a chicane tank Bag. But hat did not stop me from buying smaller odds and ends as as small gift or my bike.

It would seem that the Tank Bag is not available to the dealers here in CA.

If time permits, I will make the trek towords LA, and Pomona to Browns, 885 W Mission Blvd (909) 629-2132. They have a web page so I can make sure they have them in stock before I travel there.

Thanks for the info, and I am enjoying your big city, and many micro brewery's

Don

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Chicane Bags

scoobydoo said:
It would seem that the Tank Bag is not available to the dealers here in CA.
Don,

IIRC, I don't know of any M/C dealer that sells the Chicane bags. I think that they are orderable only from their web site. I could be wrong, as I have been in the past. :eek:

HTH

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually I do not think you are far from wrong, I was just hoping that in a large city I would be able to get one. I have been trying for awhile now to contact chicane. I have had a few e-mails that they would contact me once they are avail....I will just keep trying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts