BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this Memorial Day, please remember those who gave all in the service of our great nation. Whatever your political views, whatever your cultural roots, whatever your personal philosophy, remember.

Holiday pay, cookouts, extra time riding, whatever benefits you may enjoy, please keep in mind those that deliberately put themselves in harms way for others.

Thank you to all who have served, those who are serving, and those who will hear the call and step up to answer it. Thank you, too, to the families who have given so much. Your service and your sacrifice will never be taken for granted or forgotten.

The title of this thread is actually borrowed from the NLEOMF, but equally applies to our service men and women.

"IN MEMORY OF MANY, IN HONOR OF ALL"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well said,Tony.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As a Vietnam era veteran, I share your sentiment Tony.

It is those who have not made it home or those who did but badly mamed for life--are the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice.
God bless them all !

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks to all who have served. I wasn't really old enough for Vietnam and the closest I ever got to joining was sitting in a Navy Recruiters office. I just didn't sing my name on the line. To this day it is one of my biggest regrets. So again, I say thanks to all who have served this Great Country.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks to all who have severed
Every June 6th my father tells us about his older brother that was killed
driving a landing craft on D-Day and never came home.
So many loved ones lost for our Freedom . Thank You
Ernie

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Thanks, Tony. I have been privileged to know one survivor of the battle of the bulge, two members of B-25 flight crews in the European theater, one flight instructor, two sailors in the pacific fleet and my Dad who was a medical corpsman in Europe for WWII, as well as many Korean war and Vietnam vets. Their stories bring tears every time. Those we lost in the line of duty, deserve our honor and respect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts