BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the International Motorcycle Show in DC today. Was EXTREMELY disappointed not to see BMW represented except by a Maryland dealer who had about 3 models there. I was really hoping to be able to sit on a K1600GTL so that I could make an informed decision between the high and low seat for the one I have on order. Guess I'll have to wait a couple more months for the dealer to get one in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just as last year BMW was only at the NYC and Long Beach, CA shows. On top of that, the IMS doesn't even make a stop here in Phoenix these past couple years. They claim that the manufacturers have cut back on their marketing budgets and so they had to cut out some locations. Rather frustrating. So I took the 7 hour road trip to Long Beach to see and sit on the K1600's.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am going to a show in Minneapolis in February. I also understand BMW won't be part of that show also. I was looking forward to seeing the new k bike. I am looking forward to schuberth though. I am in need of a new helmet and since there are no dealers in our area I though I could try on a helmet there. The only person who wants to go to the show with me from work drives a Harley touring bike. I think it will be to cold for him to ride.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PWECR said:
I am going to a show in Minneapolis in February. I also understand BMW won't be part of that show also. I was looking forward to seeing the new k bike. I am looking forward to schuberth though. I am in need of a new helmet and since there are no dealers in our area I though I could try on a helmet there. The only person who wants to go to the show with me from work drives a Harley touring bike. I think it will be to cold for him to ride.
They had a good display of the Schuberth helmets, all models. You can even try them on. They were not selling them at the display, though. One vendor, Bob's BMW, was selling them at their booth, although I don't know how well they were selling. $1,100 + tax for the C3 with the communicator! That's a lot of money.

If I had realized that BMW would only be at the NY show I would have gone up there instead. My mistake for not checking into it further.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jamie, Bob's BMW is running a bus up to the NY show next Saturday, including breakfast and lunch. Give them a call if you can spare the day.

I plan on going directly to the NY show. No point driving down to MD, only to ride a bus back the other way.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, all along it said on the IMS website that BMW would only be at the Long Beach and NY shows. There was no mystery about it. But I'm sure the K1600s will be in NY and that show's just a week away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CGameProgrammer said:
Yeah, all along it said on the IMS website that BMW would only be at the Long Beach and NY shows. There was no mystery about it. But I'm sure the K1600s will be in NY and that show's just a week away.
That's what I get for not looking at the web site. I would have gone to the show anyway, but was just disappointed. I wonder what BMW gets from the NY show that they wouldn't get from the DC show? Maybe better press coverage, more attendance?

Unfortunately I can't go up there next weekend, but I'm sure someone will post about it. The post from the Long Beach show, with all the photos, was great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts