BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have figured out how to get BaseCamp route Waypoints into the Connected app correctly, without them seemingly out of order. I tried this on 3 routes I created in BaseCamp and it’s worked perfectly.

The trick is to get the waypoints named in BaseCamp so that when they’re sorted alphabetically, the waypoints will be in the correct order of the actual route.
I found the easiest way to do this is to begin each waypoint name with a number. Here’s an example of a route with 7 waypoints:

01- Start
02- Some road
03- Another road
04- Lunch stop
05- Some twisty road
06- Break and photo stop
07- End

Again, this worked for me on 3 different routes I created, and one had 32 waypoints. I’d be interested in hearing how this works for anyone else.

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
Good job! I rarely import as waypoint and so hadn't put much efforts into figuring out the app's import algorithm! Sounds like you have found it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, being able to bring the route in as waypoints gives you the flexibility of adding or deleting waypoints to modify the route on the app.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have a 19 RT with a NAV VI but I'm looking into renting an RT (Which will probably be a 21 or 22 RT) when I travel to France next summer.
Is there a way to import routes made with Basecamp in the Connect app ?
Is it possible to mount my NAV VI on the newer bikes with the TFT screen?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a way to import routes made with Basecamp in the Connect app ?
Yes, that’s what this thread is about. Just select the import button from within the app.

Is it possible to mount my NAV VI on the newer bikes with the TFT screen?
Others have done it, you can try searching here.

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
You can play with the app for 14 days, and so you should try and get the app (free) and DL the map of the area, then try the import for yourself!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
You can play with the app for 14 days, and so you should try and get the app (free) and DL the map of the area, then try the import for yourself!
That's what I started to do and it seems to work. Do you know if it uses data from the cell phone to work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts