BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate 'em!!!!
Just travelled 250 miles by train (5 hours) to pick up my LT (2000)
The bike had not been ridden for a year and the battery was US.
He started it with jump leads, but when I came to pick it up, it would not go.
The immobiliser seems to not be turning off. We spent 4 hours trying before I had to give up and spend 5 hours on the train again home. NOT a happy bunny.

There is NO name on the remote fobs and no name on the immobiliser itself. We tried EVERY combination we could think of but nothingg. All the lights on the dash come on, but press the start and nothing. we got a fresh LT battery but still nothing. We tried neutral/clutch/stand etc nothing, turning off in EVERY conceivable way NOTHING.

I HATE immobilisers

Simon

·
Registered
105 Posts
Seems to do its job, doesn't it?

Sorry for you mate, it's a terrible disapointment, hope you are gonna be luckier next time :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
This maybe a stupid questions, but I was had a weak battery and attempted to jump started it. It would not work, nor turn over etc.......... I too, tried everything and was about to take it to the shop. I had it on the trickle charger and was about to take it to the shop when I saw the alarm light blinking and found that the alarm had reset, I had to click the fob. It restarted one touch of the button.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, but spent the best part of four hours pressing the buttons on both key fobs (yes, new battery for fobs AND bike!) not reverse, not stand down AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
Simon

·
Registered
607 Posts
I feel your pain!

Exactly the same reason I have removed the complete alarm system from my bike. However, the alarm LED still blinks. :)
If someone is really determined to take your bike, then it's gone, no matter what.

·
Registered
197 Posts
How to take it out

OK Tat.......

How did you take it out, the actual unit or is there just a way to disconnect a few wires and have the thing turned off. That is what I want I want it OUT. I hate it myself. Plus my 02 has ONE fob and if I ever loose the thing I will be stuck. (Don't ask I have lost it twice inside my house with my buddies outside waiting to ride.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts