BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 225 miles on her today, averaged 53.75 mpg, tape, CD, radio, cruise, old crappy GPS, windshield, reverse, all working....heading over to Marysville, Wa tomorrow with it, rain and all, to house sit for a week for my son....IF it makes it there and back, I'm done working on it, lol.

·
Registered
335 Posts
olddog1946 said:
Put 225 miles on her today, averaged 53.75 mpg, tape, CD, radio, cruise, old crappy GPS, windshield, reverse, all working....heading over to Marysville, Wa tomorrow with it, rain and all, to house sit for a week for my son....IF it makes it there and back, I'm done working on it, lol.
That's the report that I have been waiting for - glad you've gotten past the hard spots.

·
Registered
795 Posts
wa1200lt said:
You have no worries mate! Just enjoy the trip and be considerate of the poor slobs in their cages!

Loren
And don't forget to wave at the Harley drivers as you pass them as a sign of good will, remember that they are riding inferior machines. :stir:

Almost bought a shirt at the BMW shop yesterday that said:
"If you want to be happy for an hour - drink, if you want to be happy for a year - marry, if you want to be happy for a lifetime - ride a BMW"

True words, :think: might just have to ride back over there next Saturday morning and drop the $30 for it, it's probably worth it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm back from Marysville, and I did indeed wave at the Harley boys and girls, (slowed down for the girls)..Bike ran good, but only got 44.5 mpg going up and over the mountans. Still I won't complain.. I do however have an issue yet. I had been worrying about a leak (a few drops of oily residue) under the bike on occasion, thinking it might be condensation, rain, traveling down the clutch line. After my bike set for two days in my son's garage, I found more brake fluid, looks clean inside the weep hole but there is a drop or two on the outside of the slave cylinder. May be i DIDN'T TIGHTEN, the banjo bolts enough, but all this seal crap has me paranoid, lol...so I have a good used clutch line from the master cylinder all the way to the bleeder, with a good slave from a 14K bike just incase. Checked the master and fluid was down, So I guess I am not done working on it yet..but I WILL get there...

Wonder if the mileage would be better if I keep it under 80??

·
Registered
989 Posts
olddog1946 said:
... Wonder if the mileage would be better if I keep it under 80??
Not at all. What makes you think such heresy? :histerica

(BTW, 45mpg is not too shabby in my book, for the 800-lbs 1200cc machine.)

·
Registered
593 Posts
olddog1946 said:
Wonder if the mileage would be better if I keep it under 80??
Why on earth would you want to do that? :bmw:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
billsmith said:
"Me thinks I'm starting to like this here beemer"
Gentlemen what this rider missing???
That big wide :D I got one and did not have to say a word.
ride safe :bmw:

To be honest, I get that grin riding any bike..got 20000 miles of grins last year riding the Valk, and 700 so far on the beemer...with many many more to come..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts